Who Do You Think Would Win Anderson Silva or Luke Rockhold?

If Rockhold commits to the ground game I think he could win. But his striking defense is too piss poor to stand with Silva.

Silva if it was before-Weidman-Silva
Now Rockhold has a chance .

How is it that Silva has one legit loss recently and he is a washed up has been? He lost the second fight on an injury as we all know. He worked Diaz the whole fight.

Rockhold is a 50/50 against anyone in the top ten at best. The guy is more loved on this site for his perceived endowedness than his ability to fight.

Silva steamrolls him anyway he wants and I have almost always rooted against him. They're not even in the same league.

I don't understand how this is even debatable.......

Rockhold has a strong mental game, prime Silva would have a hard time w/ this version of him but I'd still have prime AS as a slight favorite.

Today Rockhold makes him look as old as he is.

Anderson off roids loses that fight 10 times out of 10. On roids it's 50/50.

How is it that Silva has one legit loss recently and he is a washed up has been? He lost the second fight on an injury as we all know. He worked Diaz the whole fight.

Rockhold is a 50/50 against anyone in the top ten at best. The guy is more loved on this site for his perceived endowedness than his ability to fight.

Silva steamrolls him anyway he wants and I have almost always rooted against him. They're not even in the same league.

The Diaz fight is what tells me he's done. He indeed worked Diaz when he chose to but still backed off and failed to pull the trigger so many times against a guy he would have finished in a round or two a few years ago. Plus he's 40 when your style relies a lot of speed and reflexes age is a massive factor.

How would you see a matchup between Anderson and Rockhold going?

SIlva pre-Weidman? pretty good chance to win
Silva post-Weidman? it's a lock for Luke!

Prime Silva wrecks Rockhold in round 2.

No sense in arguing what old Silva would do cause he's not the Anderson we all know anymore.

Even in Andersons prime I think Luke wins. He just has better range and a great chin. He beats Anderson everywhere.

The Diaz fight is what tells me he's done. He indeed worked Diaz when he chose to but still backed off and failed to pull the trigger so many times against a guy he would have finished in a round or two a few years ago. Plus he's 40 when your style relies a lot of speed and reflexes age is a massive factor.

pretty much. diaz was a perfect style match up for anderson. he is smaller, always moves forward and doesn't spam takedowns. that match up was only made so Anderson would get a highlight reel KO and set up weidman/silva 3.

he did not look good at all, despite the cocktail of steroids he was on, and diaz actually lit him up in the clinch.

How old is he, 39? 40? age has kicked in, Silva is not the same the used to kick everyone

Keep your day job. Your clueless lol Anderson is not a has been he doesn't suck and he's the number 2 MW currently. Your just a fool looking to stir the pot. ROCKHOLD is just damn good.

At this point I think Rockhold would run through Anderson. A few years ago the opposite would've happened. Anderson's best days are behind him

Rockhold is a legit larger sized top 5 MW and Diaz is a medium sized WW thats incredibly overrated. Comparing the two fighters is insulting to Rockhold. Anderson should've put a beating on Diaz but failed to do so. He won, but it wasn't exactly in impressive fashion

Right now, of course Rockhold. Prime Silva would dust that ass. Did you see how easily Machida was tagging, and turning Luke? He looked like an amateur for a few of those exchanges, and we all know when you pressure Silva without world class wrestling, you're getting lit up.

Rockhold has fought a bunch of gatekeepers, lost to UberBelfort and can easily be said to have lost the Souza fight. Everyone else is the guy never good enough to defend the belt more than once but is always one or two wins away from contesting.

The UFC has come to the point of the varsity team retiring but everyone left was on the JV team. Today's fighters are the first generation less skilled and less entertaining than the last.

Back