Who do you think won: Mighty Mouse or Henry Cejudo?

I rewatched the fight and DJ won imo. Giving Cejudo points just because he took Mighty Mouse down and held him there is just fucking stupid to me. In both the 2nd and the 4th round DJ was clearly winning on the feet, then Cejudo took him down and pretty much did no damage. 5th round was close, you can give that one to Cejudo. It was 48-47 for Mighty Mouse at worst.
I was rooting for Cejudo so can't be mad. Atleast it makes the flyweight division a bit more interesting.

Johnson, although marginally. Disappointed by the result to be honest... A "meh" feeling remains and not excitement for the new possible matchups since Cejudo will try to go the "superfight" route without even one defense. Hopefully it won't come to pass, at least for a fight or two.

Then you have absolutely no idea how fights are scored. In order to get to a draw in a 10 point MUST system, there must be a point deduction to the fighter who is ahead by a round, or a clear 10-8 round scored for the fighter who is a round behind on the scorecards. Which, there obviously wasn't in last nights fight.
It's 2018, please tell me we don't still have people who think 10-10 rounds aren't allowed under the 10 point must system.

Just in case we do, let me clear this up. They're allowed. They've always been allowed. They even occasionally get scored.

I watched the fight and thought Demetrious Johnson clearly took the fight. But I'm not expert. Cejudo got MM down but then did nothing, MM actually appeared to land more from the bottom than Cejudo did from the top. I think MM won and I'm definitely not a MM fan, I'm actually happy he lost, but I don't want to see anyone get cheated out of a fight they actually won.

Who do you think won: Mighty Mouse or Henry Cejudo?

3 rounds to 2 Cejudo for me. Its all about your perspective really.

Cejudo won. He took DJ down several times and kept him on the ground.

I don't understand people thinking DJ won. At the end I had Cejudo winning and I wasn't surprised when he was announced the winner. People calling this a robbery is straight up ridiculous.

Cejudo was more dominant and kept stalking. And keep in mind the dude injured his foot early in the fight and had to fight southpaw. He won no doubt in my mind.
You're stuck in 2008, when takedowns pretty much automatically "stole rounds."

These days, people have a better understanding of effective fighting than that. Too bad these were the same judges scoring fights (badly) in 2008. Even one of the old school judges called it right anyway.

A round is supposed to be judged by effective fighting, specifically with effective striking weighted first. Cejudo's best round had him give 2 minutes of top control from a modestly advantageous position with little to no effective offense from there. People giving those rounds to Cejudo aren't implementing the scoring system correctly, Many of whom I suspect were upset by DJ being called the GOAT over Fedor or some other similar bias. But that might just be me being on sherdog too long.

It's 2018, please tell me we don't still have people who think 10-10 rounds aren't allowed under the 10 point must system.

Just in case we do, let me clear this up. They're allowed. They've always been allowed. They even occasionally get scored.
Athletic commisions tell judges that 10-10 rounds should only be scored on rare occasions. Such as if a fight ending head butt occurs very early on in a round, judges can score a 10-10. And that over the course of a round, a judge should look for even the slightest of advantages to keep to a 10-9, or 10-8 system. Don't go acting like judges are throwing around 10-10's because that's absolute bullshit. NOTHING in the DJ/ Cejudo fight warranted a 10-10 score, get lost.

according to scoring system I thought Cejudo won
but in the FIGHT sense, MM beat the crap out of him, all he did was hold the Mouse down and no damage from TD, kinda stupid

Are you aware the scoring system rewards landing strikes over takedowns?

I thought it was 3-2 Henry just barely, expected the judges were going to give it to DJ though. Either way people shouldn't be up in arms over it. If anything, this actually makes me more intrigued to see how DJ comes back in his next fight.

Dj had more impactful strikes he landed more while Cejudo just played the bully absorbing everything... Cejudo took him down several times but doesnt made any relevant damage.

But i think Mighty Mouse peformance was not good at all at the same time.
Cejudo looked like on steroids as well imo. He just eats a knee to the head like nothing.

Back