Who do you think won GSP VS Hendricks and how did you score it? (Poll)

Who do you think won GSP VS Hendricks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I won't pretend I was paying attention to collegiate wrestling during his time at OK. I've seen the video of him getting pinned in the NCAA finals and it not getting seen by the ref and I've heard he was a jackass at those times, but a lot of 21/22 year olds are. This was more revealing to me, since he's had time (and experience) to handle adversity more gracefully, but didn't.

I think a very large portion of the statements people get angry at JH about have been taken out of context, the 70 percent being a prime example.

It was not used in the sense many endlessly accuse him of using it at Sherdog.

Anyway, there are two refs actually, in the finals match. They didn't miss anything, his other shoulder can't be seen clearly by the camera, it must not have been touching.

It is at the very end of this video.

I don't blame Jony for a single thing that he has said since the judges issues this decision.

It is easily one of the historic robberies in MMA history

GSP was smart to run away after this beatdown.

Big Rig. Any scoring system giving GSP the nod is abhorrent.

Pretty sad a few mods thought GSP won. Obviously the criteria to be one doesn't involve having knowledge in mma/judging/the 10 point must system. And this is coming from a Canadian who's been a fan of GSP since his UFC debut.

Hendricks won...
But then he robbed lawler, the exact same way GSP robbed him.

So hey....

I remember giving it to GSP... I'm guessing you scored the fight for GSP, eh?

I scored it with GSP winning 1,3,5 but I totally acknowledge the first was close and could have gone either way (or been a 10-10 if judges actually gave those when they should).

I don't blame Jony for a single thing that he has said since the judges issues this decision.

It is easily one of the historic robberies in MMA history

GSP was smart to run away after this beatdown.
^ among the many Sherdoggers who doesn't know what a robbery is.

Lawler fight had zero controversy, clear 3 rounds to 2 for Hendricks.

But it's all about "damage" not rounds won isn't it? I mean look at GSP's face!!!

The only reason the Lawler fight gets brought up is to show the hypocritical attitude of "it's about damage".

I've only seen it once but I had it Hendricks 48-47

GSP knew it too. You could see it in his face, the look of defeat because he knew he loss the fight.

Hendricks decisively won 3 rounds IMO. If I ever get to re watch it, I'll post in 1 of the 2000 exact same threads about the same exact topic.

Since the result is what it is, I have a more pertinent question: was it, or was it not, a great fight?

Just rewatched it. Wish I could retract my vote and put a draw. GSP:1,5 Hendricks: 2,4 Round 3 was deciding round. Upon rewatching it, GSP is winning the round, Hendricks lands a takedown which he does nothing with, then GSP gets back to his feet and the round ends. It's subjective, I'd put round 3 as 10:10, or give it to GSP.

I've only seen it once but I had it Hendricks 48-47

GSP knew it too. You could see it in his face, the look of defeat because he knew he loss the fight.

Hendricks decisively won 3 rounds IMO. If I ever get to re watch it, I'll post in 1 of the 2000 exact same threads about the same exact topic.

I had the same feeling when I first watched it. Go back and rewatch it. Clearly GSP has 1&5. Hendricks has 2&4. Round 3, GSP picking him apart, but Hendricks lands a takedown. I rescored 3 as 10:10

Toss up, fight was a draw.

3-2 either or. Hendricks did more dmg so I gave the nod to him but GSP coulda won as far as just points go.

Since the result is what it is, I have a more pertinent question: was it, or was it not, a great fight?

If it weren't a championship fight, I'd say it was rather boring. Considering the appeal and that the fight was a championship fight, it was OK.

Anyone who says this fight was "clearly" won, "decisively" won, or a "robbery" knows absolutely nothing about MMA judging criteria. Or has a set agenda. Either way the people that describe the fight that way probably shouldn't be posting in an MMA forum.

I had the same feeling when I first watched it. Go back and rewatch it. Clearly GSP has 1&5. Hendricks has 2&4. Round 3, GSP picking him apart, but Hendricks lands a takedown. I rescored 3 as 10:10

Toss up, fight was a draw.
The only reason to score round 3 a draw is because Rogan went full on retard about that takedown and ignored the rest of the round.

Anyone who says this fight was "clearly" won, "decisively" won, or a "robbery" knows absolutely nothing about MMA judging criteria. Or has a set agenda. Either way the people that describe the fight that way probably shouldn't be posting in an MMA forum.
This exactly.
Each guy won two rounds pretty clearly (and none of them decisively enough to be 10-8s) and there was one close round that could have gone either way

Back