Who do you think won GSP VS Hendricks and how did you score it? (Poll)

Who do you think won GSP VS Hendricks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CzhfQWd.jpg
Yes Redhawks I agree GSP is the GOAT

Hendricks clearly did much more damage, the whole 1st round debate cracks me up. If Hendricks had gotten the nod, there would be no controversy. Obviously it was a close fight, but only in the sense that Hendricks looked like the boss out there, and GST put up a good fight. Not many people were expecting to see someone hang with Georges, let alone beat him. How anyone can sit there and say that GSP won without question are fooling themselves. I can see how Georges got the nod, but the first and fifth were close enough to be scored for Hendricks and that's where the controversy comes from. Fuck, now I have to watch it again!

The fifth was a pretty clear 10-9 GSP anyone who says otherwise isn't scoring round by round and is letting Johny's big round 4 cloud their judgement.

If i scored it using Pride rules, that being judging the fight as a whole, I would give it to Hendricks.

But it was not pride rules, so GSP takes 3 rounds.

How did this get bumped? Who's still sore about this?

The judges got it right. Probably 1-3-5 GSP, with some room for debate, leading to a split decision.

I gave GSP 3 & 5 only.

Hendricks should have left with the belt. That being said, Hendricks coasted too much in the 5th and lost himself the belt. If he'd have taken the 5th there'd be no controversy because he'd have won.

Hendricks won the fight pretty clearly to me (3 rounds to 2). I've watched it several times trying to give GSP the benefit of the doubt, but he simply didn't do enough to retain the title IMO.

In a lot of title fights that go to decision, if the challenger didn't do enough to win by a considerable margin, the nod always goes to the champion. I respect that, but I think Hendricks certainly did enough to win despite coasting at the end.

This fight was so much more closer than Jones-Gus and yet people constantly shit on Hendricks for thinking he won and wanting a rematch, I do find that funny

I prefer Hendricks to GSP but Georges won 47-48 under the 10 point must system IMO.

Hendricks clearly won the 'Fight as a whole' but his output was too low at key moments.

It was razor close and I'm not surprised Hendricks felt robbed, it was one of those fights that shows up the 10 point system a bit.

Would love to see them fight again one day, I think Hendricks, with the certainty he can wrestle with him along with improved conditioning would beat GSP convincingly, perhaps finish him.

With or without the second ACL.

GSP 48-47

GSP rounds 1,3,5

Still have it Hendricks 48-47 and I'm as big a GSP fan as there is. The first round was Hendricks', but it was close enough to not bother me.

The aftermath exposed Hendricks' character in my opinion. It's one thing to disagree and express that, but the endless whining and excuse making ensured I'll never root for this guy.

Hendricks one the first round without question. takedown and hitting someone in the face>>>>>>>>>>>>>>takedown and submission attempt.

Still have it Hendricks 48-47 and I'm as big a GSP fan as there is. The first round was Hendricks', but it was close enough to not bother me.

The aftermath exposed Hendricks' character in my opinion. It's one thing to disagree and express that, but the endless whining and excuse making ensured I'll never root for this guy.

His character has been on public display since his wrestling days.

His character has been on public display since his wrestling days.

I won't pretend I was paying attention to collegiate wrestling during his time at OK. I've seen the video of him getting pinned in the NCAA finals and it not getting seen by the ref and I've heard he was a jackass at those times, but a lot of 21/22 year olds are. This was more revealing to me, since he's had time (and experience) to handle adversity more gracefully, but didn't.

The fifth was a pretty clear 10-9 GSP anyone who says otherwise isn't scoring round by round and is letting Johny's big round 4 cloud their judgement.

I remember giving it to GSP... I'm guessing you scored the fight for GSP, eh?

I remember giving it to GSP... I'm guessing you scored the fight for GSP, eh?

3rd and 5th were GSP's no matter who you scored it for. Hendricks pretty much did jack shit in the fifth. Only questionable round is the 1st. Hendricks 48-47.

Back