Who do you think will win the NBA championship this season?

Who takes it all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's if everything turns out well with this Covid situation.

The odds are:

Milwaukee Bucks (+250)
Los Angeles Lakers (+250)
Los Angeles Clippers (+333)
Houston Rockets (+1400)
Boston Celtics (+2000)
Toronto Raptors (+1800)

Lakers should win it. The Clippers can't get guys to stay in the bubble. The Bucks only have 1 real star, Middlecan disappears in big games. The Raptors are my darkhorse, they remind me of the 03-04 Pistons. They don't have any superstars but their entire team is really good and has great chemistry

RAPTORS

tenor.gif

you mean "Cultural Message Ball"?
haven't met anyone who gives a fuck.

My pick goes to the Clippers.

What is your pick?

Lakers or... whoever comes out of the West (Clippers, Rockets).

Was actually rooting for the Clippers because I like Kawaii and the owner, and root for the underdog, but the team has proven themselves to be a bunch of cunts... so fuck ‘em

Id rather see the Lakers with their 20th title, or whatever, and LeBron win a chip with his 3rd team than see Paul George, Morris, Beverly her a ring. Fuck those whiny chumps and thugs.

Amd it would be nice to see Morley, Harden, and Westbrook get a title... even though I don’t like the analytics based b-ball and hero ball stuff that they push.

Amd it would be nice to see Morley, Harden, and Westbrook get a title... even though I don’t like the analytics based b-ball and hero ball stuff that they push.
Im not familiar with this care to clue a clueless guy in?

Im not familiar with this care to clue a clueless guy in?

Im referring to the style of basketball favored by the Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey which is based on statistics/analytics.

The general idea is that going for 3pt shots and layups are the best way to play basketball and that mid-range jump shots 10-20 ft are high risk and low reward shots.

Also associated with Morey’s Rockets team style is a relainace on Hero ball. That is, allowing your best player or two to totally dominate possessions. Hold the ball, dribble it too much. And take too many of the shots (Harden, Westbrook).

It’s generally considered an unattractive style of play

Im referring to the style of basketball favored by the Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey which is based on statistics/analytics.

The general idea is that going for 3pt shots and layups are the best way to play basketball and that mid-range jump shots 10-20 ft are high risk and low reward shots.

Also associated with Morey’s Rockets team style is a relainace on Hero ball. That is, allowing your best player or two to totally dominate possessions. Hold the ball, dribble it too much. And take too many of the shots (Harden, Westbrook).

It’s generally considered an unattractive style of play

The whole league plays like this generally speaking (3pts or layups over the mid-range). Why are you blaming only the Rockets for this?

The whole league plays like this generally speaking (3pts or layups over the mid-range). Why are you blaming only the Rockets for this?

I’m not blaming them. But they were at the forefront of this and Morey is the most high profile proponent of analytics. And do I have to note that Harden is by far the most high usage dude in the league. I’m not a hater, btw. I’m just pointing out that they get lots of hate, and why.

I actually would rather see them win the title than either of the mercenary LA teams. I’m so over every big player in the league trying to go to an LA/West Coast super team

Lakers if Lebron and Ad’s help can hit outside shots, Clips if not.

Back