Who do you think Michael Chandler will end up fighting first?

The Tony fight would've been good for both. Another one like that is RDA. Just made his return to LW and a win over Chandler puts him close to a top contender fight. While if Chandler wins it's a proven name that probably nets him a title eliminator.

From what I've read though Chandler is only interested in a title shot or a title eliminator right away. Or to be a replacement for a title fight. His plan sounds to be 5 fights max before retirement, that he has to pick wisely and get paid. Means he'll likely sit out now, maybe call out the winner of Conor/Poirier. Whatever gets him one of those he seeks.

RDA is a great test....as long as RDA doesn't have a terrible weight cut. RDA is very well-rounded, hard to finish and has no obvious weaknesses. He's beatable, but you have to be really good to beat him, unless you catch him early like Alvarez did (which rarely happens).

Nate is too inactive in lightweight to be thrown into the mix right now, his last fights were all at 170. Plus a wrestling heavy fighter wouldn't be the best match up for Nate, he has struggled with that style in the past.

Nate would be interesting, but I don't know if he's willing or able to cut to 170 any more. He can be taken down and wrestled, but you have to watch for his submissions. That said, Clay Guida managed to beat him via LnP, and Guida isn't exactly the best wrestler ever at LW nor a guy with amazing submission defense.

Nate would be interesting, but I don't know if he's willing or able to cut to 170 any more. He can be taken down and wrestled, but you have to watch for his submissions. That said, Clay Guida managed to beat him via LnP, and Guida isn't exactly the best wrestler ever at LW nor a guy with amazing submission defense.
I agree, his BJJ style is better suited against non wrestling heavy fighters. Wrestling heavy fighters have a stronger base with better sub defense so they can neutralize a lot of the grappling and submission exchanges.

He was originally offered Feguson and Ferguson's last loss is to Gaethje so they can do mma math with that match up. Both are former champions (Chandler Bellator, Gaethje Interim Champion). Both were popular and top star in previous promotion.

Nate is too inactive in lightweight to be thrown into the mix right now, his last fights were all at 170. Plus a wrestling heavy fighter wouldn't be the best match up for Nate, he has struggled with that style in the past. Gaethje would be a great litmus test in my opinion, and their styles match up well with each other for an exciting fight.

Makes sense to me.
I'd only be interested in a Nate Diaz fight if it's 5 rounds. If not, then there's too much of an advantage for Chandler, and they'd just be using Diaz's notoriety to build Chandler up in the minds of the less ardent fans of the sport.

Gaethje in 3 or 5 rounder is definitely a logical first step, though.

justin gaethje on conor card jan 23. chandler already said he wants to be on that card and be the co main.

he is about to cherry pick rda
"I feel like RDA has shown he's been rejuvenated in teh 155 division and feel he's the most scariest fight in the 155 division" - Michael Chandler probably. lol. I'm sure he would come up with some bullshit if that actually was the case. I think he fights gaethje. I hope gaethje ali don't take it and let this fucker bacck up the shit he was talking.

Probably Hooker. I see him also fighting Tony and I think he might even beat Tony. I’m worried about Tony man, between the TKO and then him talking trash I don’t think he’s all there.

He was originally offered Feguson and Ferguson's last loss is to Gaethje so they can do mma math with that match up. Both are former champions (Chandler Bellator, Gaethje Interim Champion). Both were popular and top star in previous promotion.

Nate is too inactive in lightweight to be thrown into the mix right now, his last fights were all at 170. Plus a wrestling heavy fighter wouldn't be the best match up for Nate, he has struggled with that style in the past. Gaethje would be a great litmus test in my opinion, and their styles match up well with each other for an exciting fight.

Gaethje was also the PFL lightweight champ if I remember correctly.

Gaethje was also the PFL lightweight champ if I remember correctly.
Another reason the fight makes sense, they both found similar success in another promotion before going into the UFC.

RDA probably makes the most sense, but then Gaethje also makes a tonne of sense too.

A fight versus Drew Dober would be fun. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Chandler a notorious slow starter? Because Drew has been a wrecking ball of late and he possesses exactly what it takes to upset Chandler and have the fight over as fast as it began.

will just serve as a backup for fights while getting paid 1k as a backup fighter and some free reebook coupons

Now that Conor vs Poirier 2 and Ferguson vs Oliviera are happening, who do you think Chandler will end up fighting?

I feel like it has to be Gaethje. Second pick would be Hooker.

I also think he loses to both of the aforementioned fighters.
I think hooker is the safe bet, he's more a company man. Gaethje will probably have the same issues as Dustin/tony of getting paid less than Johnny come Lately, and his pride tells chandler to fuck off.

I could also see Chandler facing the new #6 RDA, because let's be honest RDA is bigger name than hooker and has momentum now.

His dream fight that he would want? Connor!!! There should be no doubt about that.

Fight he most likely gets? Someone beatable

At this rate, Diego Sanchez.

No but seriously, if I were a betting man (which I am I guess), I’d say RDA sometime in January or February. Gaethje would be my second guess, however I think Hooker vs Gaethje will happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back