Who do you think is the bigger money fight Diaz or Thompson?

Explain....
I don't think Wonderboy is more
deserving than Maia. I don't think
he's LESS deserving, either though.
They both have 3 top ten wins in
their current win streaks.

Wonderboy beat Rory in a decision
in his last fight. Rory got finished in
his last 5 round title challenge..

Imo, WB needed to go out there
& make a statement against Rory
more so than he needed to against
Hendricks simply because of the
landscape of WW at the time of
each respective win. Now, a win
over Hendricks is not looking as
impressive as it once may have looked.

& Now Maia has an opportunity to
finish a guy who hasn't been finished
ever in a title fight. WB shot rests on
Maia's performance against Condit.

Condit shouldn't have been given
a fighter coming off a win. They
should've paired him with the loser
in the WB/Rory fight & the winner
should've been given to Maia....

I don't think Wonderboy is more
deserving than Maia. I don't think
he's LESS deserving, either though.
They both have 3 top ten wins in
their current win streaks.

Wonderboy beat Rory in a decision
in his last fight. Rory got finished in
his last 5 round title challenge..

Imo, WB needed to go out there
& make a statement against Rory
more so than he needed to against
Hendricks simply because of the
landscape of WW at the time of
each respective win. Now, a win
over Hendricks is not looking as
impressive as it once may have looked.

& Now Maia has an opportunity to
finish a guy who hasn't been finished
ever in a title fight. WB shot rests on
Maia's performance against Condit.

Condit shouldn't have been given
a fighter coming off a win. They
should've paired him with the loser
in the WB/Rory fight & the winner
should've been given to Maia....

You can't use revisionism to discredit WB's win over Hendricks or Rory. He beat the 2 best fighters after the champion in convincing fashion. Forget Top 10 wins, he has 2 recent Top 5 wins and Maia has none.

Maia doesn't deserve a title shot ahead of WB even if he KO's Condit. His best win is over Brown which according to your criteria isn't a very good win after he got stopped last night by a guy who lost 6 of his last 8 fights.

I follow Thompsons cousin on twitter and she doesn't he know who he is.

What year was the last time Diaz won a fight? Diaz should have to beat Condit to leapfrog everybody to a title shot.

how generous of him to ask to fight on one month's notice against a guy coming off a suspension. 0% chance of it happening, diaz brothers don't fight on the same card
Diaz brothers don't like to fight on the same card. Doesn't mean they wont. Especially if we are talking title shot and a ton of cash. Also, I think any champion willing to defend his title one month after winning it deserves some praise.

You can't use revisionism to discredit WB's win over Hendricks or Rory. He beat the 2 best fighters after the champion in convincing fashion. Forget Top 10 wins, he has 2 recent Top 5 wins and Maia has none.

Maia doesn't deserve a title shot ahead of WB even if he KO's Condit. His best win is over Brown which according to your criteria isn't a very good win after he got stopped last night by a guy who lost 6 of his last 8 fights.
A win over Brown on the ground
ISN'T a stellar win, imo. At least
not for Maia, who could've & should've
done exactly what he did.... It is a
"good" win, though. & Hey at least
he actually BEAT & finished Brown.
Wonderboy got handled.

I believe Maia's best wins are Magny
& Gunnar. Magny has a win over
Gastelum, who beat Hendricks as
well & Gunnar has a win over Tumenov
who was looking prime for the top 5.

They're both fighting dangerous opposition...
Like I said, WW is deep. Any of them
could beat each other on any given night.

As for Jake, he did great. Did what he
needed to do & took advantage of his
clear path to victory. Early pressure
& focus on the body.

The reason Woodley wants the fight to go down at 202, is because that´s the closest he´ll ever get to a red panty night without actually fighting McG himself. He´s calling out Nick because basically all the other possible contenders in the division is either held up by an upcoming fight (Maia/Condit) or a medical suspension (Wonderboy). Nick himself, coming off a long lay off, will off course generate some money on his own but I´m positive the reason Woodley wants the fight at 202 is because it´s a great card and it will no doubt make great numbers.

Seriously now. Who fucking cares? I don't own stock in the UFC, and have 0 interest in who generates more money for the company.

Ta-dah!!!!! Finally, there's someone on this forum without a herd mentality. It seems everyone these days wants fights to be made solely based on who will draw more..... as if any of us will ever get a PPV cut or someting. Hell, they hardly even pay their fighters... I doubt they're about to start paying the fans.

Its amazing how people will only like something if the rest of their herd likes it as well. Honestly who gives a fuck about the "casuals" want or who's heard of who. I don't care what my grandmother thinks about football, I dont know why these people care about random strangers and their purchasing habits.

U say it like he deserves a break4all the wars hes been n lately,but hes stepping up2save the card,he should b applauded&compensated.the guy was off 18months,he just fought 2min.& didnt even get punched once.essential him&his body r excatly the same as he didnt fight @201.greed&selfishness& being a pussy r what ur praising,i cant blame him but its nothing2b praised,i assure u if Mac was fighting Holloway @202 we wouldnt of heard a peep out of Woodly about fighting Diaz,ya follo me,its a perfect storm2get an eazy fight that pays alot,all while avoiding wonderboy&looking like company man fighti g so soon after u won the belt n that war.
Maybe wait until you get to your computer to post...?

Who is the more legitimate fight? And by a fucking country mile.

Nobody cares about that crap.... and you probably cheered and gloated about Conor making sooooo much money by ducking the 145 division and taking ridicuslous fights that dont mean anything at all and how brilliant it was. LOL!

He has fought & beaten top guys.

Apart from that; Woodley & others
like him are taking note of the way
the business is being ran. The org
does not care about fighters well
being and longevity. They're in it for
the short term. So they have to play
their own advocate, essentially.

Woodley is doing what any real family
man would do...looking out for his own.

Yep ole Woodley knows how the game is played and is trying to cash in. Fighting a nobody in Thompson will not earn any big bucks.

Nobody cares about that crap.... and you probably cheered and gloated about Conor making sooooo much money by ducking the 145 division and taking ridicuslous fights that dont mean anything at all and how brilliant it was. LOL!
Yes, you can dig back through my many posts gloating about how much Conor made. :rolleyes: Quit acting like a child because I disagree with you.

You can use revisionism to discredit ALL of WB's wins. Most dudes around here do it to Overeem all the time. They explain away all of his wins.

JDS - Oh he was a shell of his former self
Arlovsky - Arlovski chin gave out right before Overeem fought him
Brock - Oh diverticulitis, roids (failing to acknowledge that Brock has been roiding all his life.
Werdum - Won the second fight supposedly according to haters
and the list goes on and on.

Yes, you can dig back through my many posts gloating about how much Conor made. :rolleyes: Quit acting like a child because I disagree with you.

The fact is 99% of this forum was cheering for Conor ducking the 145 division and gloating about how much money he made as if he was giving a cut of it to each of his fanboys. You cant make this stuff up and there are past threads to prove it.

Back