Who do you think is physically stronger between prime Karelin and current Ngannou?

Karelins supposed bench press is 704 Lb, which would put him in the elites if true.

I don't have any numbers on Ngannou but he would be close
Karelin did not bench 704 hahah
Neither he or Ngannou have benched 500, much less fucking 700

Not at all

There are plenty of elite boxers known for their power that wouldn't be able to outlift your average gym bro

Someone who is insanely strong in lifting weight is also more likely to be stiffer when it comes to explosive movements
George Foreman never touched weights during his first career, and he hit like mule. A guy like George would lose a bench pressing contest to many local, everyday gym rats, but it wouldn’t mean a thing in regards to punching power.

main-qimg-f861c10e5f6ae1f7ea0e4cadfd18b35b

Who's stronger, Brian Shaw or Ngannou?

I think I'll go with the professional strongman.

Mike Tyson is smaller but could punch more explosively.

I would venture to say that Brock is stronger than Ngannou let alone Karelin
Wrestlers, specially greco roman guys have insane cores

Punching power and strength are too completely different attributes. The correlation isn't as strong as TS seems to think. Many of the biggest punchers in boxing history were skinny guys who certainly weren't weight-room warriors (e.g., Deontay Wilder, Thomas Hearns, Chico Corrales, Michael Spinks, Tito Trinidad, etc. etc.).

This is not to say that Ngannou isn't strong. He's obviously a big, strong guy. But Karelin was a different animal.

Just a friendly reminder that Jon Jones is the strongest UFC fighter on the roster right now.

Ngannou "picking up" Shaq from hip height with a 2 inch range of motion pales in comparison to Jones >600lbs deadlift. Morons that have no idea how anatomy or leverages work just take one look at Jones calves and assume he is as weak as a Flyweight (Even though he rag dolled DC).

With that said, in terms of physical strength, Karelins Squat, Bench and Deadlift would be FAR stronger than Ngannous. It wouldn't even be close.

You make this forum look bad. Don’t try to deflect.

You are arguing a wrestler with zero actual fights would beat a great mma fighter. Lesnar at least trained mma and beat other good mma fighters. Karelin was a fucking Greco wrestler……
i said he was stronger, not that he would beat francis at mma

karelin would bull rush him and grab onto him, he wouldnt sit in the pocket and throw looping punches, plus he's way bigger than anybody frank has ever fought.
He would get laid the fuck out with the quickness. Karelin has zero concept of how to deal with punches/knees and would get slept upon entry. There is a reason why world class wrestlers need to train striking for years to have a modicum of success in MMA. In Karelin case he knows 1 aspect of a fight whereas Francis is proficient in every position.

Every fight starts on the feet.

He would get laid the fuck out with the quickness. Karelin has zero concept of how to deal with punches/knees and would get slept upon entry. There is a reason why world class wrestlers need to train striking for years to have a modicum of success in MMA. In Karelin case he knows 1 aspect of a fight whereas Francis is proficient in every position.

Every fight starts on the feet.
youre probly right, that would be my guess. although i wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if karelin got ahold of him and threw him across the bar like a child. the best weapons in a street fight are banned in mma so u really cant say what would happen tbh. would francis be ready to get kicked in the nuts, headbutted, and have his eyes gouged? i doubt it. in a street fight, karelin would have a good shot against any man thats ever lived

Let's start with the facts. Karelin lost to a guy in the Olympics who also starred on the Biggest Loser.

Who is the fattest person Ngannou has lost to?

Also facts:

Ngannou lost to three people who were actual infants at one point in their lives. Shocking.

He's clearly completely overrated.

main-qimg-f861c10e5f6ae1f7ea0e4cadfd18b35b

Who's stronger, Brian Shaw or Ngannou?

I think I'll go with the professional strongman.

Mike Tyson is smaller but could punch more explosively.
brute force = body mass

of course comes the technique in question that helps you put all your body weight into the punch + explosion and speed.

a big man with Tyson technique/skill would be scary to think.

most weightlifters have a horrible ability to punch, they don't know how to use their body weight to their advantage.

Look this shit<mma3>

the big guy lacks skill and needs learns how to use his strength.

Ngannou has both. And no it's not totally different. There is a very close correlation.
I don't think that's true. There are some ridiculous strong guys that can't hit hard, and vice versa.

Back