Who do you think is physically stronger between prime Karelin and current Ngannou?

people like u that have been around this forum so long and have such stupid opinions really make this forum look bad.
he's comparing karelin to frank, one of the best wrestlers of all time to a great striker with no wrestling, and u bring up lesnar vs cain? wrestler vs wrestler? why do u even bother
You make this forum look bad. Don’t try to deflect.

You are arguing a wrestler with zero actual fights would beat a great mma fighter. Lesnar at least trained mma and beat other good mma fighters. Karelin was a fucking Greco wrestler……

Strength and punching power are different things.

Karelin would be my guess. Nobody could beat him for like 15 years until Rulon Gardner beat him at the 2000 olympics.
th

Karelin was obviously the physically stronger of the two. Francis probably punches much much harder. Both guys are special, and Karelin could have probably won WSM if he decided to do that instead of wrestle, but lets not skip over this 38year old 6'6" freak of nature that just won his 4th olympic gold at 130kg and over in greco roman wrestling.
View attachment 871651
I hope Cuba kicks out their commie government soon.
Yeah man 4 straight in a physically demanding sport, that is damn impressive! Last guy I remember doing that was Carl Lewis in track back in the day. Those types of athletes ARE freaks of nature.

Ngannou has both. And no it's not totally different. There is a very close correlation.

Guys with power are usually strong but strong guys are not necessarily powerful. There a guys with 600+ squats that can only jump 20 inches on vertical jump test.

Power is related to polymorphism of genes that can code proteins that alow faster muscle contractions, better nervous system efficiency in recruit muscle fibers in fractions of seconds and a bunch of complicated sciency things.

Ngannou seems to have both strength and power. But many athletes only have one.

Karelins supposed bench press is 704 Lb, which would put him in the elites if true.

I don't have any numbers on Ngannou but he would be close

Not sure if serious. Odds are Ngannou would be nowhere close to 700 lb bench press.

That's like seeing a really fast guy in the UFC and saying he would run a sub 10 second 100 Meters.

Karelin for sure, not only was he a true monster but he was a walking pharmaceutical center who competed a decade before they could even test for HGH.

Let's start with the facts. Karelin lost to a guy in the Olympics who also starred on the Biggest Loser.

Who is the fattest person Ngannou has lost to?

That fat guy did something that another fat guy named Daniel Cornier tried to but never came close to doing. That fat guy won a gold medal in Olympic wrestling. Just as a point of reference.

This!! Alexander used to manhandle world class 265lb Greco Roman guys. All the time.

887-2 Three Olympic Golds and five world championships. Went on a streak where he didn’t give up a single point in over 10 years.

Let that sink in.

Exactly. For those making fun of Karelin's loss to Gardner, consider it was well over a decade of scary dominance before that wrestling absolute beasts too. Let's see in 10 years what Francis' record is. No comparison as of now.

These are the two strongest pure combat sport athletes in history in my opinion. Ngannou basically Tkoed Stipe with a jab and picked up Shaquille oneall with a smile on his face. It wasn't even a challenge.

Who is stronger?
Anyone not saying Karelin has no clue what they are talking about. It's not close.
Ngannou is more powerful though

Back