Who do you think is physically stronger between prime Karelin and current Ngannou?

u obviously didnt even watch that match, he ran from him the whole time and won on a technicality, good try though

People can't handle greatness (there's countless other examples) and will nitpick everything someone does just, because they aren't perfect. Also trolls will troll.

Who said that?

I think the bench figure is bullshit but
According to Strong, Stronger, Strongest by Dale Harder, Karelin's numbers were:

Bench press: 704 lbs.
Deadlift: 882 lbs
Clean and jerk: 450 lbs

Let's start with the facts. Karelin lost to a guy in the Olympics who also starred on the Biggest Loser.

Who is the fattest person Ngannou has lost to?

The fat guy actually did MMA with zero training whatsoever and beat Yoshida (who had just beaten Mark Hunt, and lost a split decision to Wanderlei Silva).

its literally not even close, karelin by a long shot. frank is a big guy that hits hard af but karelin is literally on an entire dif level of strength

not so sure bout that Francis strong as an oxe he almost doubled legged stipe with under hook OMG

The fat guy actually did MMA with zero training whatsoever and beat Yoshida (who had just beaten Mark Hunt, and lost a split decision to Wanderlei Silva).

Rulon Gardner was a beast. I'm just having fun with the fact that he ballooned up later. One of the things that made Pride so great is they would go out and recruit guys like Yoshida and Gardner. Brought a lot of talent into MMA.

Iirc, Rulon didn't continue in MMA despite beating Yoshida, because he didn't like punching guys in the face. There were rumors flying about that he was offered $1 million to fight Fedor.

Let's start with the facts. Karelin lost to a guy in the Olympics who also starred on the Biggest Loser.

Who is the fattest person Ngannou has lost to?
and francis grew up poor in africa, whose the poorest guy that karelin has ever lost to?

Karelin was obviously the physically stronger of the two. Francis probably punches much much harder. Both guys are special, and Karelin could have probably won WSM if he decided to do that instead of wrestle, but lets not skip over this 38year old 6'6" freak of nature that just won his 4th olympic gold at 130kg and over in greco roman wrestling.
Mijain-Lopez.jpg
I hope Cuba kicks out their commie government soon.

I think the bench figure is bullshit but
According to Strong, Stronger, Strongest by Dale Harder, Karelin's numbers were:

Bench press: 704 lbs.
Deadlift: 882 lbs
Clean and jerk: 450 lbs
But that’s obviously bullshit.

Karelin would pick up Ngannou and twirl him on his finger like a basketball. His signature move was picking up 280+ lbs men dead off the floor from his knees and throwing them back over his head. It's not even close.
Yeah that was my thought. Part of the reason Karelins famous reverse lift was so difficult to defend was that in theory the weight alone should be prohibitive, especially against guys with great bases who are already heavyweights, yet he did it constantly. Dude was just impossibly strong.

its literally not even close, karelin by a long shot. frank is a big guy that hits hard af but karelin is literally on an entire dif level of strength

This!! Alexander used to manhandle world class 265lb Greco Roman guys. All the time.

887-2 Three Olympic Golds and five world championships. Went on a streak where he didn’t give up a single point in over 10 years.

Let that sink in.

These are the two strongest pure combat sport athletes in history in my opinion. Ngannou basically Tkoed Stipe with a jab and picked up Shaquille oneall with a smile on his face. It wasn't even a challenge.

Who is stronger?

Hugh Hewitt??? Is there a joke I'm not getting, or your really like the guy?

Remember when Karelin got his shit pushed in by this guy? Hahaha, life is so funny.

135745_olympic-wrestler-rulon-gardner-takes-on-the-biggest-loser.jpg
Rulon a was a great wrestler, and no one can take the victory against Keralin away from him, but calling that "pushing his shit in" is pretty far off.

Its a moot point but Karelin had absolutely no clue how to throw a punch, it was pretty pathetic when he had that fight in Japan.

Back