Who do you think has thrown a legit fight?

I still think Barry let CC win there fight because he was his idol.

this

th
Pat-Barry-big-foot.jpg

is what Barry's foot & hand looked like after round 1. he proceeded to lose rounds 2 & 3.

how many times do you have to be told this????

Pat barry fought well against Crocop, until they started hugging and reminiscing about the pride days. Pat barry's thinking during the fight: "Omg it would be so cool if crocop ko'd me with a highkick." When barry dropped crocop, he let him recover just like Heath Herring let Nog. in thier 3rd fight. But crocop isn't dangerous on the ground. I think Barry subconciously threw the fight, lol.

sigh...

Can someone explain to me how a fixed fight could be legit? It seems to me that a fight can be one or the other, but not both.

I was at 141, at first i thought Lesnar took a dive i mean my goodness. Watched it many times since and changed my opinion.

In both of these fights the guy who "lost" clearly took a dive. If you look hard at the pixels you can see the punches don't even connect.

bispko11.gif

14b4aic1.jpg

Here's another one from PRIDE.

cmc1g.jpg

(amidoingitright?)

Houston Alexander brutalised Sherman Pendergarst with low kicks, earning a stoppage victory.

Kimbo Slice was known to have terrible knees that couldn't take much punishment. So a guy like Alexander with low kicks powerful enough to end a fight would be able to capitalise on this, right?

Alexander spent the entirety of the Kimbo fight circling away from Slice, the only noteworthy that happened throughout the 3-round decision was Kimbo slamming him.

Kimbo was a very popular fighter, and having him win fights would be far more profitable for the UFC than having Houston Alexander win fights.

I'm not saying it was a fix, but there was something odd about it, no doubt.

Houston Alexander brutalised Sherman Pendergarst with low kicks, earning a stoppage victory.

Kimbo Slice was known to have terrible knees that couldn't take much punishment. So a guy like Alexander with low kicks powerful enough to end a fight would be able to capitalise on this, right?

Alexander spent the entirety of the Kimbo fight circling away from Slice, the only noteworthy that happened throughout the 3-round decision was Kimbo slamming him.

Kimbo was a very popular fighter, and having him win fights would be far more profitable for the UFC than having Houston Alexander win fights.

I'm not saying it was a fix, but there was something odd about it, no doubt.

I have to agree with you here. Nothing about that fight looked right. Of modern fights in the UFC, this is the only one that has me suspicious.

I have to agree with you here. Nothing about that fight looked right. Of modern fights in the UFC, this is the only one that has me suspicious.

I sorta buy this. I mean Houston is no world beater,but he is decent. He should of destroyed Kimbo.

probably didnt throw the fight but i still dont see how rampage managed to lose to bader..

i think forrest threw the 2nd shogun fight, forrest is bad but hes not that bad it looked like he wasnt even trying lol

Agreed. I think everyone had weird feelings watching this fight. The normally aggressive Houston was just timidly circling around the octagon. Then of course there was the fact that neither of them had any cardio after round 1 and they both bent over gassed out in a synchronized fashion.

Carwin got rewarded generously for his ''cardio'' problem against Lesnar.

Was going to say this. And yeah the Coleman one in Pride, dodgy as.

Also check out Alesandr Emelianenko's fight from a while back, this is a joke:

Aleks knuckle went directly into his eye. The guy prob gave up after that. Don't think it was a dive but I bet it was a knuckle to the eye that stopped him.

There are many fixed fights. Anyone who doesn't see that isn't using common sense. You can bet on fights, pick the round, way of win etc.. Pick round, great great odds, underdog on top of it? Think about it... You're making 20 k a fight, but you can turn a 10,000$ bet into 100,000 easily but letting someone sub you or getting yourself ko'd in a certain round, think about this.... It's simply common sense, and human nature.

Sean Salmon admitted to throwing a fight, but in a smaller org.

Back