Who do you rate higher: Marciano or Tyson?

Pick One

• Total voters
Theres footage of him saying he wanted no part of Tyson. Yet youre telling me what he actually meant by those words.

Ill go by what someone says and not what I think they meant. You feel free to interpret however youd like.

But we're talking about the competitor Foreman from that particular time. Not about todays senior citizen... He's not gonna say as a 70 year old that he would have wrecked Tyson.
Do you really think George Foreman was scared of anyone? Lol...

But we're talking about the competitor Foreman from that particular time. Not about todays senior citizen... He's not gonna say as a 70 year old that he would have wrecked Tyson.
Do you really think George Foreman was scared of anyone? Lol...
What about the impression he said Liston left with him?

One man's opinion, and he rates Joe over Ali, so I can't agree in first place. I rank many resumes over Tyson's, but head 2 head, prime Tyson obliterates Rocky, Dempsey, Liston, Louis, Holmes, Foreman, Shavers, Charles, Baer, Johnson, Lewis, McCall, Tunney, Frazier, Wilder, Joshua, Klitschkos and probably anyone else not named Ali who he probably also would have beaten.

His movement was too fast, he was defensively evasive while smothering everything his opponent could throw, his hands were fast and his power was on the same level as anyone in history, he knew the game, he peaked the youngest and strongest, he was the meanest of Listons cloth he said and proved, his self belief was that of an emperor, his gameplans were perfect, his self assessment was the most strict, he hated his performances when he implemented everything perfectly, his respect of the game was profound, even his worst opponents he took seriously and gave them credit, he was one of a kind, who could prepare for what was never seen before or since, the Apex predator, chin of granite, heart enough to fall apart as a person later in career and still withstand horrible beatings, people think the opponents broke him, no he broke himself, it took murderers row level HWTs to hand him losses when he stopped being that guy, plodding around flat footed and winging for the head...

How can "fans" say Mike ever lost when the Mike his believers was a completely different fighter than the one who fought and lived and trained with discipline and self awareness under Cus and Rooney? He was not Iron Mike when Douglas KOd him, he was not Iron Mike when Holyfield, an all time badass himself, stopped him, he was not Iron Mike when he took the terrible beating from Lewis.

It's retarded people can see the difference between Prime Roy and post Tarver Roy, and give Roy the pass for all the losses but recognize he was possibly the greatest ever when he was on, but Tyson at his best gets questioned. "He was a bully, all you had to do was stand up to him" BULLSHIT, plenty tried to stand up to him, it was just that foregone he was the best. Ali doesn't get questioned for losing to Berbick, but Tyson is a bum for falling to Holyfield, Lewis, and Douglas when he and his performances had deteriorated to the point they had. It was as night and day as you could get. Tyson almost knocked out Douglas absolutely as shell of the Mike we all believed in, his viscous mean desire to be the bigger meaner dog was there when Holyfield was breaking him down, what the fuck do people want from the man? No wonder he broke as a person.

People were haters and just wanted to see him fail or carry the flame of godlikeness til he was 80 to satisfy their skepticism. He was too good to believe and held to a higher standard than any other fighter in history, and it's fucking bullshit he can't get credit for what he was when he was on. The BJ Penn of boxing someone says, Jesus fucking Christ, BJ couldn't even hold Mike's jockstrap, Mike was it, he was the Pinnacle, there isn't going to be another. You can literally see it to this moment in time, people just LLOOOOOOOVE that he seems like a neutered version of himself, that he's friendly and a talkshow personality, a changed man, a wolf turned a domesticated lap dog, oh dance for us Mike, take a picture with our kids Mike, be the trained circus bear Mike, do cameos and prance for our amusement Mike... People waited for him to bend his knee because he was that feared, his prime left that impression, his aggressive volatile nature that frightening. He was so good he had to be broken and become a TMZ running joke before society would get the fuck off his back. I'm glad Tyson seems to be financially set now and happy, but he's one of the saddest stories in boxing because he was that good, and I can't think of any other boxer who left that impression ever. Not Dempsey, not Liston, not anyone. There is a reason for it. He sent shivers down viewers spines as he annihilated recognizable fighters with ease. It was unsettling to see everyone beaten so easy.

This might be one of the most impressive displays of radical fanaticism I’ve ever seen. Literally compared him to an Emperor. Is it really that sad he was a horrible person who did horrible things to people. Sounds like a certain kinda karma got him. I’d say it’s 50/50 if you have a tattoo of him or not.

Last edited:
This might be one of the most impressive displays of radical fanaticism I’ve ever seen. Literally compared him to an Emperor. Is it really that sad he was a horrible person who did horrible things to people. Sounds like a certain kinda karma got him. I’d say it’s 50/50 if you have a tattoo of him or not.
Make sure to give me a like if you're so impressed, princess.

Make sure to give me a like if you're so impressed, princess.
giphy.gif

Yikes I just read the Carl Froch tattoo thread and you are seriously thinking about getting a Tyson tattoo.

Name 1 occasion Tyson lost a fight where he behaved and performed the way he did Debut to Spinks fight. Name one time.

And did you believe Ali really had a stinger when he said he'd sting like a bee? I pay homage to Tyson's poetic side, but you go ahead and think I envision him with a scepter in his throne. You have no artistic eye probably, so couldn't see how some one could incorporate a name like Tyson or Liston into a tattoo, but huge influences on ones one's life are common tattoo themes, and men like those inspired me. Liston to spit in the face of my fears and Tyson, aside from his boxing greatness, inspired me a great deal but why bother say anymore to you on subject? You are probably scared to get a tattoo because your mom would cry.

giphy.gif

Yikes I just read the Carl Froch tattoo thread and you are seriously thinking about getting a Tyson tattoo.
Yikes, do you want my autograph or are you just following me around forum because you have a crush?

Name 1 occasion Tyson lost a fight where he behaved and performed the way he did Debut to Spinks fight. Name one time.

And did you believe Ali really had a stinger when he said he'd sting like a bee? I pay homage to Tyson's poetic side, but you go ahead and think I envision him with a scepter in his throne. You have no artistic eye probably, so couldn't see how some one could incorporate a name like Tyson or Liston into a tattoo, but huge influences on ones one's life are common tattoo themes, and men like those inspired me. Liston to spit in the face of my fears and Tyson, aside from his boxing greatness, inspired me a great deal but why bother say anymore to you on subject? You are probably scared to get a tattoo because your mom would cry.

Nah got my first one when I was 18. Just a word to the wise getting a tattoo of a convicted rapist/thief who beat up old woman is not the brightest idea. Also geniuses like Cyborg already beat you to the punch.

Yikes, do you want my autograph or are you just following me around forum because you have a crush?

Nope just wanted to see the guy’s Carl Froch tattoo and then you appeared talking about getting a Tyson tattoo.

marciano ever so slightly. walcott, moore, and charles weren’t in their prime but they were very very good wins at the time. he beat the underrated rex layne as well.

really wish marciano would have fought satterfield. that’d be a fucking shootout

Nah got my first one when I was 18. Just a word to the wise getting a tattoo of a convicted rapist/thief who beat up old woman is not the brightest idea. Also geniuses like Cyborg already beat you to the punch.
I definitely will make sure to take the advice from a guy with a user name "Stewdogg".

Big believer in redemption btw, and rape while heinous is also an accusation that ruins people's lives without a rape having ever occurred. Either way, I don't actually know what happened, I just know the man came back from it.

Big believer in redemption btw, and rape while heinous is also an accusation that ruins people's lives without a rape having ever occurred. Either way, I don't actually know what happened, I just know the man came back from it.

He may not have raped the girl he was convicted of raping but admitted to raping others so yeah he’s a rapist.

When? I've never heard him admit to raping others.

The documentary Tyson that came out in 2008. He said he loved to hear woman (woman of power in particular) say no to his sexual advances because it turned him on that they were powerless to actually stop him from doing whatever he wanted to them.

Also the whole “I didn’t rape Desiree Washington but I would now” quote wasn’t a good look.

The documentary Tyson that came out in 2008. He said he loved to hear woman (woman of power in particular) say no to his sexual advances because it turned him on that they were powerless to actually stop him.

Also the whole “I didn’t rape Desiree Washington but I would now” quote wasn’t a good look.
Doesn't sound like he actually admitted to raping them, just that he liked knowing he could. Sick thoughts, but more an admission of violent angry thoughts than anything else. It's fucked up, but not that long ago I heard from a girl I used to date and now is like a sister who worked at the stripjoint (she went back) that one of the girls showed up with black eyes and bruises and said her boyfriend a bouncer there had beaten and sodomized and raped her. She was telling me because I used to be a bouncer and was looking for extra work, and she assured me the bouncer was getting fired and charges filed, but I asked her a week later how that had turned out, and she was like, "nah, they both got fired. That was how she liked it, it was like a sick roleplaying thing". Long and short, people are fucked up and this whole rape fantasy thing is getting a little too common, I think people are just freaks and it is making real rape look more acceptable which is wrong as hell, but to each their own as long as they keep their shit away from me.

Back