Who do you have in Prime GSP vs. Sakuraba

Saku lost to more cans than GSP fought.

Their only common opponents he lost to while GSP raped.

Let's compare their records ok??????

There is no comparison. GSP cut to Welter weight, and Sakuraba fought LHW and HWs in the golden era of PRIDE.

People who said "Gsp win" doesn´t understand weight classes.

Saku would realistically be a small lw

By today's standards he could fight at 145

Opponents at those weight classes would be more realistic

There is no comparison. GSP cut to Welter weight, and Sakuraba fought LHW and HWs in the golden era of PRIDE.

People who said "Gsp win" doesn´t understand weight classes.

Sakuraba did of course beat Rampage, still arguably a green Rampage but not THAT far off of his best IMHO.

What I think makes this hard to call though is just how effective Sakuraba's wrestling might be, it tended to be either tested vs much larger fighters or against the Gracies who didn't put up much of a fight. If he can get GSP down then its definitely an interesting fight, standing I would heavily favour GSP albeit with upset potential.

GSP is his prime got submitted by Hughes.
Sakura was a catch wrestler who is sneaky with his subs and submitted bigger guys than GSP, like Rampage.

It’s possible, but prime GSP is nearly invincible

I think some guys are a bit naive and ignorant if they think Sakuraba can’t win this. It is always hard to pick against GSP, but Sakuraba with his wrestling/grappling, he has a decent chance of getting GSP to the ground. He did vs much bigger guys.

The man who fought prime Wand 3X, Cro Cop, Rampage, Randleman, and other LHW/HW monsters while being a natural WW would never tap to strikes.

He would succumb to GSPs relentless gnp toner

Back