Who do you have in Prime GSP vs. Sakuraba

The only way Saku could've beaten GSP was by submission in 2002 possibly, and even then, it would have been tough. Even when GSP wasn't polished in 2004, he was still beyond a handful for anybody.

GSP in his prime would run through Saku either standing or on the ground.

Saku fighting and losing to fighters outside his weight class doesn't mean he would beat GSP.

Arona beat his brains out. So did Wanderlei. Cro Cop and Igor both ended with a stoppage (albeit, he was exhausted and rightfully so). Little Nog beat him cleanly.

He beat Randleman (who lost his previous fight and would go 1-5 after fighting Saku), and green Rampage. That's pretty much it out of the "monsters" outside his weight class.

Who were Sakuraba's best wins at the time he actually fought them? Not where they would eventually end up, but when he actually fought them? It's not an amazing list.

This is what I mean by the weird mental curving fans do because of how brave and exciting he was (and he was, no doubt). Incidentally, plenty of heavier fighters have trained with GSP and implied (or stated) he got the better of them. Only training, but still...

He would probably beat most of them, unlike Sakuraba.

You know damn well that GSP wouldn't take the majority of those fights.

Sakuraba had balls as big as church bells.

To be honest i wouldn’t even call it a size difference. I think Sakuraba and GSP are the same size. Saku just fought anyone regardless of weight.

View attachment 601865

View attachment 601867
I hate to say it , Saku is one of my favorites , but GSP wins because GSP specializes at fighting guys his own size so he will be better at it than Saku , who never specialized at that . Saku fought anyone so he had to train to fight all sizes and consequently a greater diversity of styles that different size / shape opponents bring . GSP could not beat the opponents that Sakuraba did and would not even agree to fight them .

Saku's my favorite fighter of all time but it would come down to a very very small chance of him catching an arm to win,and that's if GSP even took it to the ground.Saku had a nasty Jon Smith type (I mean that super loosely) single,minus the follow up technical side of it,but still wouldn't get GSP down for more than a 2 second scramble imo.

It’s amazing how hate can cloud rational thinking & common sense. GSP wins this easily. Yet the usual GSP detractors somehow find a fantasy scenario where he loses this fight.

GOAT Saku sends GSP to LW. Maybe even FW depending on the severity of the beating. BW isn't out of the question either.

74f9ab0dc01de7a61402f10ec58c3d3b50a9572f_hq.jpg

Retard spotted.

What do you think GSP would do to LHW prime Wanderlei, HW prime Cro Cop, LHW roided Arona, LHW Randleman, PRIME IGOR!!! , LHW Rampage or LHW Nogueira???

tapping to strikes or die in the ring?

Saku got raped by almost all of them.

GSP by zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Back