Who do you guys want to see Cub Swanson fight next & do you want the Choi rematch?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
In regards to the Choi fight personally I don't want to see the rematch all that much, don't get me wrong if it happened to be booked I would love it but it's not at the top of my list, the original fight is one of my favourite fights of all time but I'd rather see Choi have some different fights as he really did look a million dollars in that fight too.

In regards to Cub's next fight I'd have to think for a while but I'd like to see them FINALLY book him a fighter who is going to bring the stand and bang style that we know Cub brings really well, he always gets the best out of fighters with this style too (hence Choi) so it makes sense to book these fights for the fans as we'll get some great fights for sure as opposed to yet another submission artist they kept pulling on Cub since his Ortega loss.

Of course Cub himself has said he doesn't mind being the stepping stone because he's not in the rankings and he's not fighting for a title so it's how it is, Choi and with Kron were both for this reason which he stopped and also Shane Burgos which as we know Shane won by split decision.

However are there any names you'd like to see Cub fight next, be it ranked or unranked I'd be interested to hear?

giphy.gif

In regards to the Choi fight personally I don't want to see the rematch all that much, don't get me wrong if it happened to be booked I would love it but it's not at the top of my list, the original fight is one of my favourite fights of all time but I'd rather see Choi have some different fights as he really did look a million dollars in that fight too.

In regards to Cub's next fight I'd have to think for a while but I'd like to see them FINALLY book him a fighter who is going to bring the stand and bang style that we know Cub brings really well, he always gets the best out of fighters with this style too (hence Choi) so it makes sense to book these fights for the fans as we'll get some great fights for sure as opposed to yet another submission artist they kept pulling on Cub since his Ortega loss.

Of course Cub himself has said he doesn't mind being the stepping stone because he's not in the rankings and he's not fighting for a title so it's how it is, Choi and with Kron were both for this reason which he stopped and also Shane Burgos which as we know Shane won by split decision.

However are there any names you'd like to see Cub fight next, be it ranked or unranked I'd be interested to hear?

giphy.gif
as a big fan of both fighters, and not a fan of rematches, I don't want to see them fight again right now. New matchups intrigue me a lot more, and there are a lot of good matchups for both these dudes.

That being said, if a rematch was booked, I will look forward to it immensely.

I would love to see him vs Stephens.

as a big fan of both fighters, and not a fan of rematches, I don't want to see them fight again right now. New matchups intrigue me a lot more, and there are a lot of good matchups for both these dudes.

That being said, if a rematch was booked, I will look forward to it immensely.

I'm the same, as I say Choi did look a million dollars in that fight even in loss his stock went up a lot and I'd like to see Choi fight some other competition now.

Cub has said he will take the Choi fight again if the fans want that, which is why he'll do it but I'd rather see new fights to be honest.

I agree with you completely as if it was booked I would also look forward to it massively, I just wouldn't put it at the top of my list.

I would love to see him vs Stephens.

They did fight already but do you know who I have thought about a few times I'd like to see and that's Zabit, I know Zabit is quite high in the rankings so from that perspective it wouldn't make sense but I just feel they'd bring a great fight.

Same with Korean Zombie.

Cub is a warrior but its clear he will never be a champion.
He should embrace the BMF way and look for slugfest superfights with big paychecks.

they already fought. Cub won by decision.

Feed this guy to Zabit, none of these other FWs seem to be lining up.

I've thought about Zabit often with Cub, I didn't think many would agree with me from the rankings perspective but I think it would be a great fight.

A rematch with Lamas would make sense right now given the fact when they are both in their careers right now.
And to think that both of them were in the top 5 not too long ago.

Cub is a warrior but its clear he will never be a champion.
He should embrace the BMF way and look for slugfest superfights with big paychecks.

I don't think he's really interested in that as much, of course if it came around he would but he's always fallen short in regards to getting that shot so I think he's a little past caring now, specially as he's no longer in the rankings.

But I agree about the slugfests and superfights, it's what he's great at and he always brings the best of them.

A rematch with Lamas would make sense right now given the fact when they are both in their careers right now.
And to think that both of them were in the top 5 not too long ago.

Yeah, Kron wasn't ranked either was he so Cub didn't get back in the rankings from that fight either, it's just how it is ain't it? It's like Chael and a lot of people were saying that Cub's losses weren't bad he just happened to have a streak going on and I guess it was unlucky really, it happens but you know, we've seen now anyway so it's all good :)

Swanson vs Yusuff, Fili, or Ige

Choi is already booked vs Jourdain

Yeah, I didn't know Choi was booked but I did hear he was ready to come back and about to be booked, I still keep seeing the odd comment from people saying he's fighting Choi in December and it's like he's not, he's probably not fighting again this year and give him a break lol

giphy.gif
Jeremy Stephens

Since Kron think he won their fight, let's have a rematch and watch the prince get murked

Back