Who do you feel is the most underrated former Champ?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In my opinion it’s Randy Couture, dude was a monster wrestler and I would favor him over everyone in the division (and possibly LHW) if he was in his prime fighting right now.

In my opinion it’s Randy Couture, dude was a monster wrestler and I would favor him over everyone in the division (and possibly LHW) if he was in his prime fighting right now.
Mcgregor 2.0, nobody can take that left, not Stipe, not jones, not adessnya, they all bow to the king.

edit: Conor would ko fury and wilder in a pure boxing match easily, every division champ confirmed Conor bless

DJ, Aldo, Sherk..

BJ Penn.
Dude is a beast in the streets in the fights that aren’t filmed.

Honestly. As much as I dislike him Woodley is up there.

Conor Mcgregor

At 145 he's the one of the few fighters to have height/reach and power advantage over his entire division

{<Mcgoat}

Conor Bless

With stressing the word "underrated" (because most answers will include guys that really are not under rated) Matt Serra.
Serra was very skilled and a very intelligent fighter. Of course he was lucky to beat GSP, but in any other world he could win that belt.

With stressing the word "underrated" (because most answers will include guys that really are not under rated) Matt Serra.
Serra was very skilled and a very intelligent fighter. Of course he was lucky to beat GSP, but in any other world he could win that belt.
GSP was beat by the best fighter of the night
<{Joewithit}>

He tapped to strikes

Dom Cruz, criminally underrated

Rashad is fairly underrated on here. Dude was legit back in the day but I guess because he knocked out Liddell so brutally fans weren't too fond of him Lol.

Sean sherk, amazing record considering he was usually undersized, outboxed a Diaz, and literally only lost to greats.

Aldo is massively disrespected! Loses after a decade and somehow Max becomes the 145 goat as if Bisping is the goat cause he beat Anderson or whatever. Just because you beat someone doesn't mean you go down in history as better than them I mean is Jardine above Chuck Liddell? As you can see Maxes title run was much shorter than Aldos. Mma fans/media only remember yesterday

Has to be mighty mouse for me, that mighty wizbar suplex armbar was one of the most insane moments I've ever seen and all he gets is manlet this boring that and flogged off in exchange for hunting Homer Simpson.

It's hard to be a champion and underrated. I suppose it would have to be a dominant champ that isn't really put among the GOATs. Maybe Matt Hughes? Woodley and Usman are constantly being put against GSP for WW goat, but everyone just kind of ignores how dominant Hughes was in his day.

Jose Aldo. I hadn't thought about any champs being that underrated, but since someone mentioned it, Holloway was called the GOAT just for defeating him twice. That's like saying McGregor is the featherweight GOAT just for beating HIM (Holloway) and Also.

Does interim count?

Because a prime Minotauro would be absolute hell for anybody in the heavyweight division to deal with. The man was the total package.

Back