Who do you favor in Cejudo/MM rubbermatch?

It's hard not to favor Cejudo. He was taking MM down at will.

I’m not even sure I wanna see it, at least not any time soon.

I’d rather see something fresh, especially in that division.

I think Henry is getting better and MM has reached his full potential. It's still a pick em but I think Henry's skills neutralize anything MM brings. The one factor will be if Henry can continue to make 125 without losing any speed or cardio and I think the answer in the long run is no.

I think it was Anik talking about all immediate rematches the loser gets smoked again

BJ Edgar
Cody TJ
Silva Weidman
Franklin Silva
Barao TJ

Is there more?
Gonzalez and Sor Rungvisai was a good example last year in boxing.

I'm banking on Cejudo to continue to improve his striking to support his edge in physicality

I favour Johnson because I think he's beaten Cejudo twice. But Cejudo has been capable of improving a lot in a relatively short time, so I wouldn't count him out.

This time since Cejudo will be the champ, even though I feel Cejudo didn't do this the first time, MM will have to win more convincingly to take the belt from him.

Like Cejudo had to win convincingly to take the belt?

I think we saw the best MM could do in that fight. Kick from range and blitz and reset.

Henry can do more of the same and win again. Also, he had to adjust his stance because he rolled his ankle early.

Cejudo said it was caused by MM's leg kicks...and he healed up right after.

MM on the other hand WAS injured for basically the whole fight and still made it crazy close (he won).

You saying we've seen the "best" of MM is also funny, cuz he continued to show he can do better fight by fight.

Doesn't fit the scenario
They are just showing that not all immediate rematches has the "winner" winning again like Anik was saying. If anything that gif is perfect for this rematch discussion. I thought Shogun got robbed in first match like MM just did. Shogun in rematch didn't let it go to judges and finished it. MM finished Cejudo before and I feel he will dominate rematch.

They are just showing that not all immediate rematches has the "winner" winning again like Anik was saying. If anything that gif is perfect for this rematch discussion. I thought Shogun got robbed in first match like MM just did. Shogun in rematch didn't let it go to judges and finished it. MM finished Cejudo before and I feel he will dominate rematch.
Machida,the champ, won.

MM, the champ, lost.

I really should not have to point this out

MM takes it back for sure. He easily could've got the nod last time

If Cejudo gets a takedown every round and DJ doesn't, Cejudo will win a decision. Basically just like the 2nd fight.

MM on the other hand WAS injured for basically the whole fight and still made it crazy close (he won).

You saying we've seen the "best" of MM is also funny, cuz he continued to show he can do better fight by fight.
Cejudo rolled his ankle in the first minute of the fight and fought the whole fight with it. He made no excuses. The guy did what most thought was impossible (and won) fair and square. DJ had rounds 1 and 3. HC 2 and 4 making up for standing strikes on the ground. Rd 5 HC landed more and was the aggressor.

I say we've seen the best of him because at his age what else is he going to improve on? He's about as well rounded as they come. He's been claiming injuries before this fight. The broken foot he said he got in the fight was debunked in an MRI. No idea about the knee injury but he self diagnosed that in the cage.

Last edited:
I think it was Anik talking about all immediate rematches the loser gets smoked again

BJ Edgar
Cody TJ
Silva Weidman
Franklin Silva
Barao TJ

Is there more?
Maurice Smith won vs Suzuki, then lost the rematch

idem btw Filho and Sonnen

On the other hand:

Hickson won B2B vs Rei Zulu

Mezger won B2B vs Otsuka

Carvalho won B2B vs Manhoef