Who do you consider to be the Greatest Strongman of All Time?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by LiveFreeorDie, Jul 29, 2019.

1. WARinsertname

WARinsertname Brown Belt

It was already touched on throughout the thread...if you bothered reading.

As for Polish power, Mateusz is stealing that title away inch by inch. He already outclasses Pudz on static strength and just pure "no fucks given lifting awkward shit off the floor to shoulder."

2. JauntyAngle

JauntyAngle International man of mystery

Been ages since I rewatched all the old WSMs, but my recollection is that Marius was very consistent and tended to execute things really well. In addition to mobility and static strength type events, I also think there are events that favour taller or shorter guys. But according to my vague recollection, Marius did well enough even on events that didn't naturally favour him. It might sound weird, but I though even if he wasn't the strongest man, he was the best strongman.

ASUThermo likes this.
  3. corpse

corpse Bannned

he was really bad at squatting, deadlifting and overhead events iirc. his big advntage was that he would never gas and his grip strength at farmers walk events was brutal, too.

4. LatFlare

LatFlare EADC

Watching a snail crawl along a straight razor.
    So he was a shit powerlifter but good at strongman events?

5. WARinsertname

WARinsertname Brown Belt

He was Martins Licis if Martins Licis wasn't that strong on static strength events. Marius got by on speed to catch up to the pack. Nothing to do with powerlifting.

Also if Pudz couldn't get his small hands around something, he was in deep shit. I seem to remember one particular pull event where they were set up on incline and had to pull a loaded boat up that incline with this big ass rope.

He was having some amazing shit fits trying to get that sucker up there.

6. Rygu

Rygu R.I.P. Obie Double Yellow Card

Big Z without a doubt. Nobody touches what he has done in his career. Shaw and Kaz are honorable mentions. Pudz would be too if he had any success at the Arnolds.

Wait 7-8 years though and Thor might end up at the top of the list. His combo of freakish strength and agility is something to behold.

WARinsertname likes this.
  7. WARinsertname

WARinsertname Brown Belt

Tom Stoltman is becoming the next Thor.

Tom breaks Thor's Husafell stone record...Only to have Thor take that record right back. Great stuff.

KnightTemplar and corpse like this.
  8. RS86

RS86 White Belt

Hands down it's Z. Although statically i'm not sure anyone has been as strong as Eddie Hall was at his best. Pity he never did a full powerlifting meet at that point

9. journeyman

journeyman Blue Belt

Watching these guys live was amazing. I watched the one where thor won. Felt bad for them lowkey because it was blistering hot even for me who was used to the heat.

Got a pic and chat with big z. Nice guy.

10. Boxing Superpower

Boxing Superpower Check out my YouTube channel

Has to be Kaz for me, if only for those ridiculous traps!