Who do you consider the top 10 boxers in the UFC?

Fahrenheit1221

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I'm by no means a knowledgeable boxing fan but given the level of striking in MMA you tend to notice when someone is much better at it than the average MMA fighter. It's one thing to be a good brawler or striker known for their hands but technical boxing a thing to behind.

01.) Anderson Silva
02.) Dominick Cruz
03.) Nick Diaz
04.) Alistair Overeem
05.) Eddie Alvarez
06.) Frankie Edgar
07.) Joanna Jedrzejczyk
08.) Junior Dos Santos
09.) Nate Diaz
10.) Jorge Masvidal

My list is based current (active) fighters of my generation as a fan who I enjoyed watching the most in terms of utilizing their boxing while trying to factor in the difference in weight classes.

This list would look much different if it included past fighters and non-UFC talent but for this specific thread I'm referring to right now in the current day UFC as well as their entire career (assuming they're still active in the UFC).

I know some of you will rip my list to shreds and that's perfectly fine, feel free to share your own as well.

I know I'm biased because I'm a Conor fan but you're kidding yourself if you don't think Conor is one of the top 10 boxers in the UFC considering he 100% boxed himself to becoming FW champ.

Cruz/Overeem have terrible boxing LoL.

Anderson, Edgar, Penn, Aldo, JDS, Garbrandt, Belfort, Nick and Nate are the people who come to mind.

Belfort probably had the best hands of all of them.

The thing about these lists is that we always think of the top ranked and most successful MMA fighters. I actually believe that the best pure boxers, pure wrestlers, pure whatever are probably lower ranked guys we don't know who just have not incorporated other elements into their MMA game. Just remember that James Tony was by far the best boxer to ever compete in MMA. The fight was a joke because he had no other elements to his game. If he wasn't famous, he wouldn't even be in the UFC but he would be fighting some regional circuit. He would still be the best boxer in MMA but we wouldn't know he existed (if he wasn't famous).

Talking just Boxing:

Nick Diaz
Nate DIaz
Conor McGregor
Anderson Silva
Vitor Belfort
Frankie Edgar
Eddie Alvarez
JDS
BJ Penn
Andrei Arlovski

GSP is the GOAT, and as a long time GSP fan I will say that the hate is nothing new. He has been humiliating fan favorites for ages, and god willing will continue to do so.

Cruz/Overeem have terrible boxing LoL.

Anderson, Edgar, Penn, Aldo, JDS, Garbrandt, Belfort, Nick and Nate are the people who come to mind.

Belfort probably had the best hands of all of them.

Cruz and Overeem have very good boxing. Cruz footwork and head movement are top notch. Alistair has great timing and accuracy with his punches.

I know I'm biased because I'm a Conor fan but you're kidding yourself if you don't think Conor is one of the top 10 boxers in the UFC considering he 100% boxed himself to becoming FW champ.
Conor has shown 0 head movement, feints or any sort of movement in his fights. He walks people down and throws his left with a kick to the body every now and then.

Hopefully the Diaz fight goes 3-4 rounds so we can see if he really has hands.

Cruz and Overeem have very good boxing. Cruz footwork and head movement are top notch. Alistair has great timing and accuracy with his punches.

They both have absolutely terrible hands. Cruz only throws looping punches and Reem throws one punch at a time.

Conor has shown 0 head movement, feints or any sort of movement in his fights. He walks people down and throws his left with a kick to the body every now and then.

You're well known for being a Conor hater man, so with that being said of course you don't think so.
What you can't deny though is that Conor COMPLETELY boxed his way to becoming FW champ and most people cannot do that.

They both have absolutely terrible hands. Cruz only throws looping punches and Reem throws one punch at a time.

Pretty sure has Cruz has a good jab also but the point is his movement and punching defense are as good as it gets. Overeem does throw punches sparingly but he is very sneaky using feints to open guys up and land a perfectly timed punch like the JDS fight. He only needs one to get the job done so why open himself up by throwing high volume?

You're well known for being a Conor hater man, so with that being said of course you don't think so.
What you can't deny though is that Conor COMPLETELY boxed his way to becoming FW champ and most people cannot do that.

There's more to boxing than just offence. And out striking Poirier and Siver doesn't mean anything. His defense looked like dog shit against Nate and others he's fought, he gets clipped often

There's more to boxing than just offence. And out striking Poirier and Siver doesn't mean anything. His defense looked like dog shit against Nate and others he's fought, he gets clipped often
Like I said you're notoriously known for being a Conor hater so of course you think these things.

Conor can box, he was able to counter Nate a lot and hit him with shots right on the button.

Conor wouldn't be where he is now if he didn't have good hand technique.

Bisping is definitely in the top 10, Overeem? Belfort? Do you even know what boxing is?

he's got nate diaz at 9, so not much room for conor there

Back