Who do you believe was the real mastermind in TKDR?

I'm so glad I watched this movie with such low expectations after hearing awful reviews from so many people. I watched it about a week ago and was able to just enjoy it for the popcorn movie it was. I loved it. Had I gone into it thinking it would be great, I would have been disappointed. And Talia was the mastermind.

They should have done the Lazarus Pit/Talia luvs Batman storyline(although, im not a big fan of forcing love angles in movies) instead of this one. Hell even Arkham City made better use of it.

Nolan wouldn't have touched the Lazarus pit. His entire design was to put Batman in the "real" world, as opposed to one populated by super heroes on every block. Having a pit of goo that magically brought the dead back to life, healed their wounds and youthened the old would've been about as welcome as having Superman and Green Lantern save everyone.

I do think that having Thalia be a more sympathetic character might've made more sense. Have her take over the LoS after her father's death, but hold off any immediate retaliation or continuation of her father's plans to let Batman attempt to save the city his way. At the end of TDK, when Batman is "disgraced" and accused of murder, she decides to start enacting a plan to deal with Gotham her way. A "Sorry Bats, we let you have your shot, didn't exactly work, did it?"

Talia had dreams. Bane had the training, resources, tactics, and the discipline to make her dreams come true.

Talia had the ideas, but Bane had the plans to make those ideas work.

Talia. Bane was a willing accomplice who i felt knew and reveled in the fact of what they're plan was aiming to result in.

Batman fucked Talia - the ultimate revenge on Ras Al Ghul.

How could she be the mastermind?

Last edited:
I know Nolan's universe is suppose to be more grounded in reality. That still doesn't change my opinion on his take with Talia/Bane/Ra/Batman dynamic. I still think they should have casted somebody more roided out for Bane's character and use roids to compliment his need for "venom". I also thought Bane sounded like Mr Belvedere. I expected him bust out a "Streaks on the china, never mattered before.Who cared"?
Nolan wouldn't have touched the Lazarus pit. His entire design was to put Batman in the "real" world, as opposed to one populated by super heroes on every block. Having a pit of goo that magically brought the dead back to life, healed their wounds and youthened the old would've been about as welcome as having Superman and Green Lantern save everyone.

I do think that having Thalia be a more sympathetic character might've made more sense. Have her take over the LoS after her father's death, but hold off any immediate retaliation or continuation of her father's plans to let Batman attempt to save the city his way. At the end of TDK, when Batman is "disgraced" and accused of murder, she decides to start enacting a plan to deal with Gotham her way. A "Sorry Bats, we let you have your shot, didn't exactly work, did it?"

How great that match up would have been. The screen would catch on fire.

Only way I see Joker losing is if it gets down to physical confrontation. But Joker don't play that shit, he plays you.

I might be one of the few that really didn't care for Banes character in this final instalment of the series. I preferred the menacing sinister undertones and moral conundrum situations that Joker presented to his targets in the 2nd film to the holyer than thou master plan layout situations Bane presented to his.

Joker was a true villain in every sense of the word, Bane was more of an opponent.

talia was the mastermind. but her plan was stupid. part of it was letting bruce have sex with her as some sort of revenge?

and both the villians death scenes were pathetic

i wouldn't be surprised if half of the population could do a better job acting in that scene with only a few minutes of coaching than she did

edit: and excluding the talia twist. the other plot twists were stupid and forced imo.

batman somehow surviving the blast without explanation just to surprise people. dumb.

and blake's first name being "robin". i thought was dumb. it was like a movie long easter egg. like "get it, in a way blake was batman's sidekick this whole movie, so it's like he's robin...and his real name IS robin"

i liked the lazarus pit part though.

Last edited:
Chris Nolan was the mastermind.The mastermindf**k of this movie.I had high hopes for this movie.badass trailer,badass actors,badass villain all went down the drain.It wasn't as a big disappointment as Prometheus.Damn those penis snakes.

I abstain from voting for fear of being accused of not giving the movie a 10 out of a possible 10 rating, punishable by death.

I'm still pissed at Bane's death. smh

yeah, they didn't really mention much about it. yeah, he got his face messed up and it eases the pain. but how does it work? there are no tubes leaving his face area at all. we seen him without his shirt on from the back view and the front view and there is no pump or anything. somehow the mask just recirculates some sort of infinite medicine into his face.

"what would happen if a ripped your mask off right now?"
"it would be extremely painful.........for you"

lol

yeah, they didn't really mention much about it. yeah, he got his face messed up and it eases the pain. but how does it work? there are no tubes leaving his face area at all. we seen him without his shirt on from the back view and the front view and there is no pump or anything. somehow the mask just recirculates some sort of infinite medicine into his face.

"what would happen if a ripped your mask off right now?"
"it would be extremely painful.........for you"

lol

That was one of the issues with the film.Another issue is,does he eat?If he doesn't,how did he get that big?He'd have to consume 2000+ calories.

Back