Who do you believe was the real mastermind in TKDR?

Chernabog

Sherdog Curator
@Brown
Reaction score
I just finished watching the movie again, and like the last time I has the same feeling.

The feeling was that I was not fully understanding what the working relationship was between Bane and Talia. It seems easy to assume that because she had the detonator and the plan to seek revenge on Batman that she was the mastermind behind the whole thing, but if this was Nolan's intention I cannot completely convinced.

My explanation is below but it's tl/dr for some, so just vote for what you think about their working relationship in the movie.

Bane had just as much fanatacism and conviction as she did, not to mention he had a small army of mercenaries at his disposal. She may have come up with the plans but Bane was the one who executed them without having anyone find out he was working with her. Meaning he probably figured out the way to do execute the plans.

Plus when I look at both of them and the way they behave, I can't believe it was not Bane who wanted to blow up Gotham with a neutron bomb. He took it upon himself to personally put himself in jeopardy and beat the shit out of Batman. The dude seems like way more a psychopath willing to destroy a whole city than Talia. Just because he "loves her" doesn't mean that was his only intent.

talia was the mastermind from the get go....thats why she kept trying to get bruce to invest.....bane was just her soldier ...a bad ass soldier nonetheless

I'm still pissed at Bane's death. smh

yeah...they made him go out like a bitch....smh

Option 5 Ras Alghul was subconsciously controlling his daughter and bane from beyond the grave :icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_evil

Talia.

And the Joker would have fucked her up and used it against Bane if they had to throw down.

its interesting to consider their motivations

Talia clearly loved her father but seemingly despised him when he could not accept her protector.

Ras' death clearly reignited the flame of her dedication to the League of Shadows' mission and also made her hell-bent on vengeance against Bruce.

Bane is motivated by devotion to Talia (so is seemingly the number 2 guy) but you get every sense that he is also highly indoctrinated into the mission of the League- the way he says "I am the League of Shadows" for instance or the way that it's tough to buy that he would go along with the plan of a guy he must have hated (due to the excommunication) unless he truly believed the plan itself were worthwhile.

at the end of the day, i see them as co-masterminds. Bane was absolutely essential to the execution and Talia was completely necessary to the development of the nuclear bomb. but both were obviously VERY motivated by the mission and both were obviously depicted as smarter than any other League/mercenary guys which makes me think both were heavily involved in its planning.

Here to join the collective head shake towards Bane's death/defeat.

...smh.

Here to join the collective head shake towards Bane's death/defeat.

...smh.

it did suck- as many point out the death of this very significant character is reduced to a punchline- BUT i will give props to the way they had Bane not giving a shit that Talia wanted him to feel the heat; he's just ready to blast the fuck out of him in spite of that urging.

talia had the funds and means ....bane was the brute force ..good combo ...but shes still the mastermind behind the whole ordeal

Liam Neeson. Because he had the idea to destroy Gotham first

Alfred and his demented fantasies.

13-yacht.png

On a side note, it would have been great if while Talia was giving her final monologue, Jim Gordon cuts her short by shooting her in the head and goes "she's trying to stall us, we got to get this bomb out of here!"

Talia.

I didn't like the ending of this film at all. Such an anticlimax. I get that they wanted to have an ending that wrapped things up or whatever, but it felt kind of cheesy tbh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back