Who did you think won these close fights?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Shogun Rua- Dan Henderson: UFC 139
Frankie Edgar- Gray Maynard II: UFC 125
Robbie Lawler-Carlos Condit: UFC 195
Quinton Jackson-Lyoto Machida: UFC 123
Shogun Rua-Lyoto Machida: UFC 104
Couture- Rizzo: UFC 31
Jones-Reyes: UFC 247
Condit-Diaz: UFC 143

For me
Shogun-Henderson: Draw felt about right. Although it was so back and forth it's a little hard to remember

Frankie-Gray: I think I had Gray ahead 3-2 + a 10-8 in the first

Lawler-Condit: Love Robbie but I had Condit ahead 3-2

Jackson-Machida; Bizarre fight: 2-1 Jackson but it was so crazy how little action occured until the 3rd. Thought Rampage took the 1st 2

Rua-Machida 3-2 Shogun but not nearly as big a robbery as was acted like in the past. Close fight

Couture- Rizzo: Couture 3-2 but barely

Jones-Reyes: Felt like Reyes 3-2 was the correct score but Reyes I think maybe could have pushed a bit more to make it more decisive

Condit-Diaz: I love Nick Diaz, but it felt like Condit clearly won 3 rounds. I dunno. I guess it comes down to the 1st round.

What are your thoughts on Antonio Nogueira vs Ricco Rodriguez?

Hendo
Gray
Carlos
Lyoto
Rua ( but not as controversial as fans made it out to be- super close)
Randy
Jon( in a coin flip fight so have no problems with champ retaining ...)

What are your thoughts on Antonio Nogueira vs Ricco Rodriguez?
eesh. Felt like Ricco got jobbed there but at the same time, under PRIDE rules I guess it depends how much you consider sub attempts to be "damage" cuz Nog sure was busy

you?

Can’t talk about robberies without;

Romero/Whittaker 2

Bisping/Anderson and Hendo

eesh. Felt like Ricco got jobbed there but at the same time, under PRIDE rules I guess it depends how much you consider sub attempts to be "damage" cuz Nog sure was busy

you?

At first I thought Ricco got robbed. Then I became more educated on Pride judging and realized Ricco never really tried to finish the fight. The number one criteria in Pride was attempting to finish the fight. Even though Nog never came close to a finish throwing up submissions was still attempting to get to a position to finish. I don’t think Ricco really understood the scoring either and played it too safe. He knew he couldn’t finish Nog so he didn’t really try. I’m ok with that decision now.

On UFC 139, the biggest surprise here in that fight between Shogun vs Henderson was that you can argue for a 10-9 round in the first round for Henderson since he didn't land that many more strikes in comparison to Shogun in that first round. On the other hand, it could even be argued that in Round 5 could even be a 10-8 round for Shogun considering Dan Henderson didn't even manage to land a single hit while Shogun was all over him in that round.

Here is how I scored it for that bout: (Shogun on the left, Hendo on the right)
9 | 10
9 | 10
9 | 10
10 | 9
10 | 8

It comes out to be 47-47 respectively. That fight should have been a draw for the most part unless the judged scored a 10-9 for Hendo in the 5th round or something.

Agree with pretty much all of that except Robbie vs Condit. Just felt like Robbie's shots were more powerful. 3-2 Lawler imo

At first I thought Ricco got robbed. Then I became more educated on Pride judging and realized Ricco never really tried to finish the fight. The number one criteria in Pride was attempting to finish the fight. Even though Nog never came close to a finish throwing up submissions was still attempting to get to a position to finish. I don’t think Ricco really understood the scoring either and played it too safe. He knew he couldn’t finish Nog so he didn’t really try. I’m ok with that decision now.
yeah that's about where I am at.

close fight though

Yeah I get it, you think Bisping lost every fight he's ever been in
No, I think he won all the fights he got credited for except for Anderson, Henderson, and Matt Hamill. Coincidently all the fights that took place on his home turf.

Shogun
Gray (first round should have been a 10-7 round for him)
Condit by a mile
Machida
Don't remember
Randy
Jones
Condit

No, I think he won all the fights he got credited for except for Anderson, Henderson, and Matt Hamill. Coincidently all the fights that took place on his home turf.
Don't forget the Leites robbery in Glasgow.

Back