Who did you have winning Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder and how did you score it? It ended in a draw.

Who do you think won the fight?

• Total voters
Nah you've got to take it in context. It was the last round of a championship fight that Fury was winning. Refs often give fighters more chance to fight on in those situations.
There is no context. The refs jobs isn't to decide if its the last round or whether or not the guy who just got KO'd fought with a lot of heart so deserves a chance. Its to decide if he's fit to continue, period. Not fit to hopefully make it to the end of the round.

There is no context. The refs jobs isn't to decide if its the last round or whether or not the guy who just got KO'd fought with a lot of heart so deserves a chance. Its to decide if he's fit to continue, period. Not fit to hopefully make it to the end of the round.
That's not what happens in real life though is it? I thought you were a realist. In real life refs give fighters in championship rounds more chance to fight on if at all possible. You could argue they aren't doing their job properly and I'd have to give that to you but that's not what happens and you know that.

That's not what happens in real life though is it? I thought you were a realist. In real life refs give fighters in championship rounds more chance to fight on if at all possible. You could argue they aren't doing their job properly and I'd have to give that to you but that's not what happens and you know that.
Not really, no. There's set criteria the ref is supposed to follow.

Honestly it doesn't apply here because Reiss did fine, but the ref has a specific job. If the ref decides that one fighter showed a lot so he gives him special consideration, I call that favoritism. Thats why people who think Steele favored Chavez vs Taylor are wrong. Steele did it by the book.

Not really, no. There's set criteria the ref is supposed to follow.

Honestly it doesn't apply here because Reiss did fine, but the ref has a specific job. If the ref decides that one fighter showed a lot so he gives him special consideration, I call that favoritism. Thats why people who think Steele favored Chavez vs Taylor are wrong. Steele did it by the book.
Refs are only human. They make mistakes and I'm sure favouritism occurs. Would the ref be favouring Wilder if he'd have waved off Tyson before he got up? He may have been or maybe he was just thinking about Tysons health. He could have given Fury the full count JUST because he didn't want to be seen favouring Wilder. Giving a fighter the full count is never the wrong decision as even if a fighter beats the count a ref can decide they aren't fit to continue. In the end he made the right call. In all the big fights I have watched refs have let the fighter have more of a chance to carry on if they'd reached the later rounds, you can't deny that if you have watched as much boxing as you say.

Last edited:
Of course refs are only human, so are judges.

Refs are only human. They make mistakes and I'm sure favouritism occurs. Would the ref be favouring Wilder if he'd have waved off Tyson before he got up? He may have been or maybe he was just thinking about Tysons health. He could have given Fury the full count JUST because he didn't want to be seen favouring Wilder. Giving a fighter the full count is never the wrong decision as even if a fighter beats the count a ref can decide they aren't fit to continue. In the end he made the right call. In all the big fights I have watched refs have let the fighter have more of a chance to carry on if they'd reached the later rounds, you can't deny that if you have watched as much boxing as you say.
I agree he made the right call, I just don't believe it would have been questionable if he'd waved it off either.
I think its just people upset that the guy they like lost. I would bet half the people who think it would have been wrong to stop the fight would disagree me that Zab vs Tszyu was a hasty stoppage. And pretty much because Zab is sort of a shithead and its fun to make him the butt of a joke.

We all know we've seen 100's of fights stopped for a lot less than what happened to Fury.

100 % of fans who had no issue with the outcome don't give a shit about participating in polls.
Or nearly 100% of fans who think Wilder won didn't participate in the poll either lol. Are you telling me you didn't vote?

Or nearly 100% of fans who think Wilder won didn't participate in the poll either lol. Are you telling me you didn't vote?
Jesus, who bumped this stupid score card shit?

I said Draw and DGAF if other disagree -excited for rematch to settle this

Seems fake. I still can't believe 13% of people voting didn't score that fight for Fury.

Seems fake. I still can't believe 13% of people voting didn't score that fight for Fury.
That was the most honest poll I've seen in nearly 4 years of being on Sherdog. You're still gonna get people that are biased and whatnot but it's such a small minority that it's commendable.

That was the most honest poll I've seen in nearly 4 years of being on Sherdog. You're still gonna get people that are biased and whatnot but it's such a small minority that it's commendable.
Oh, I was being sarcastic/goofing. That's pretty much unanimous given you have the better part of 600 votes and the VAST majority for Fury.

The Wilder and draw votes are probably just his family and friends, TBH...

What a significant majority of people who think fury won

Mathematically as Paulie M said it’s not possible to give Wilder the fight or score it a draw . I find it beyond belief boxing fans are the worst at about everything and that includes easy to score system where you have 12 rounds and limited criteria where 2 knockdowns would still need to win with 2 more rounds . What rounds did Wilder win without the knockdowns I’m curious because I want it backed with reason .

By actual boxing rules if we followed them getting a knockdown doesn’t mean you won the round if you lost the majority of it anyway ,but besides that it was a clear win for Fury .

Mathematically as Paulie M said it’s not possible to give Wilder the fight or score it a draw . I find it beyond belief boxing fans are the worst at about everything and that includes easy to score system where you have 12 rounds and limited criteria where 2 knockdowns would still need to win with 2 more rounds . What rounds did Wilder win without the knockdowns I’m curious because I want it backed with reason .

By actual boxing rules if we followed them getting a knockdown doesn’t mean you won the round if you lost the majority of it anyway ,but besides that it was a clear win for Fury .
uh.... That last thing you said is not true at all. If you score a KD, thats a 10-8 round or in VERY rare cases its 10-9.

Saying its not "mathematically possible" is sort of ridiculous too. Lets hear this math.

20200202_051650.jpg
That is not true at all. Please site or direct quote this rule. You say it's an "actual boxing rule." Prove it.

Jesus, who bumped this stupid score card shit?
Ah it was just all the Pro-Wilder fans who didn't vote, makes sense now. Yeah polls are real stupid when you don't agree with them aren't they?

uh.... That last thing you said is not true at all. If you score a KD, thats a 10-8 round or in VERY rare cases its 10-9.

Saying its not "mathematically possible" is sort of ridiculous too. Lets hear this math.
No it’s not . That’s something that was made up . A knockdown is not an automatic 2 point round if a fighter loses the round with scoring a knockdown it is a 10/9 round at worst .

If you really want to know how fights are scored listen to Larry Hazard of the athletics commission and former match maker .

You can’t be seriously telling me you can’t do math involving 12 rounds where the other guy won no less then 9 , if you scored the knocked downs as you that’s 4 points and if you give wilder 1 round beyond the 9th and 12th gives him a 7/5 loss . That’s also using 9 rounds to Fury , however Fury won 10 if you scored punches so Wilder would to have needed 2 rounds to get a draw besides the knockdown ones which again were not 10 8 rounds if he lost 2: 30 seconds of both ,in no way under the rules does it say a knockdown is 2 points, show me . There literally no rule for a separate knockdown pointing .Rounds are actually scored per minute or supposed to be .

Last edited:
Back