Who did you have winning Canelo Alvarez vs. GGG 2?

Who did you have winning?

• Total voters
Lots of canelos flashy shots, particularly aimed at the body, actually missed. Golovkin is great at taking shots on the arms.

I thought the fight was closer this time, but Triple GGGs work was cleaner overall this fight. GGG out volumed canelo IMO in the first fight, but despite it being closer this time, GGG actually outboxed canelo.

I think work rate it was clear for GGG For me canelo didnt work enough tho when he did it was great work.

Did not know aggresion and octagon control was scoring criteria for boxing

Very hard fight to score. No robbery here. I don't know why people keep saying its a robbery. A robbery is when one fighter totally dominates basically every round and the judges give it to the other guy. Thats what it means.

Fight was very close, could have been a draw. I wasn't really scoring watching it, but some of those rounds were a draw 10-10, you can't say either guy won some of the rounds. I swear when it went to the judges I knew it was gonna be like a split-decision or majority-decision.

Maybe they will do a trilogy fight next

I had it for GGG but it wasnt a robbery.
also the poll will be in gggs favour no matter what because Harold scored it that way. Harold is NOT a very good judge. he is no better than a random scoring it here at this point.

Lots of canelos flashy shots, particularly aimed at the body, actually missed. Golovkin is great at taking shots on the arms.

I thought the fight was closer this time, but Triple GGGs work was cleaner overall this fight. GGG out volumed canelo IMO in the first fight, but despite it being closer this time, GGG actually outboxed canelo.
His face says a lot of them landed.

I had it for GGG by 2 rounds, at least. May have been a bigger margin.

Just like last time I can't believe how anyone could have it for canelo by 2 rounds. I call BS on this again.

Obviously not as bad as 18 - 10 but the final decision was wrong.

This is why Canelo waited on GGG, throwing away his belt to avoid having to fight him closer to his prime. Dude can only eek out two judge gifted wins vs a past it GGG.

Had it 115-113 GGG, maybe even 116-112. Still a very close and great fight. A draw would've been acceptable as well, in my opinion, but I can't see how two official judges ended up scoring it in favor of Canelo. The biggest atrocity remains to be last year's result when Golovkin clearly got robbed of a victory by perhaps the most incompetent judge in the history of combat sports. Especially due to that last night's result comes with a very bitter taste. Had Golovkin been declared the winner last year as he should've been, Canelo's victory here would've still been controversial but much easier to accept given how good and competitive of a fight it was.

The HBO commentary, particularly for the first two thirds of the fight, was a disgrace. They talked as if Canelo was a superhero who was dominating the fight. They continually said that Golovkin was fighting for his career, as if he had looked washed up - and he, not Canelo, was the guy who tested positive. Max repeatedly dismissed the scoring of the rounds by saying that ‘Canelo is winning the story of the fight’ - as if that is a scoring criterion that supplants that of winning rounds. They were just Canelo shills.

this, so much this.

i wanted to punch kellerman in the dick. canelo takes a step forward, he's controlling the fight. he takes a step backward, he's controlling the fight. he's "winning the story of the fight", backed up by absolutely nothing. it's just a phrase he pulls out of his ass and it's supposed to have meaning. golovkin is desperately fighting for his career - what the fuck? none of that made any sense, at all.

i usually enjoy the HBO commentators, find them a lot more entertaining than other teams, but god damn were they horrible last night.

This is why Canelo waited on GGG, throwing away his belt to avoid having to fight him closer to his prime. Dude can only eek out two judge gifted wins vs a past it GGG.
“Past it Golovkin”.

Based on what exactly?

Honestly I had GGG up about four rounds. Some were close and it was a toss up between output and cleaner work.

I can't see how it was a majority decision. I'd have thought at least one judge would score it in favour of GGG.

I'll have to watch it again. But I'm pretty sure I'm not just throwing my toys out of the pram.

I had it 8-4 GGG. It was one of those fights in which every round was just about even, so a number of interpretations are possible. Perhaps the best and fairest outcome would have been a draw, but no one was having that again.

“Past it Golovkin”.

Based on what exactly?

what do you mean? you don't see the difference in speed and sharpness of technique? you don't think a pressure fighter at 36 is worse than at 33?

golovkin's ability certainly didn't just fall off a cliff, but there are pretty clear signs that he isn't in his prime anymore.

Maybe people should give Adelaide Byrd a break if theres so many that had GGG up 4 fucking rounds rofl

Back