Who did more damage in Canelo/GGG 1?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by biscuitsbrah, Sep 5, 2018.

1. biscuitsbrah Red Belt

I know boxing is not judged this way and especially not as a whole, im not here to debate who won the first fight. But I’m just curious as to who do you think left more brain damaged after the fight?

Canelo definitely landed the bigger strikes but was being pressured the whole fight. Triple G trying to break him down pressure and cardio wise, but it seems like he couldn’t get off the big shots he wanted. Mostly using his jab.

I think GGG just has an iron chin and shrugged off shots that would have KO’d a ton of people, whether proper technique/posture or god given you can’t deny he absorbs damage really well.

What do you guys think?

2. randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

i don't think either guy got in more than a handful of real power bombs cleanly. neither was rocked, either.

they both have really good chins and while canelo's defense is often praised, i don't think golovkin is lacking in that department either.

3. Monte Moku Kame-sen'nin

I think they both seemed equally bothered by each other's power at the end of the fight. I guess numbers could give you a better idea of who probably did, but neither of them seemed shaken at the end.

4. GordoBarraBJJ Steel Belt

INITIALLY YA but by the end it appeared that Gennady was ok with what CANelo brought while CANelo was flurrying and back peddling.

Will be interesting to see how it goes this time around with Gennady being a year older and clearly slowing down, CANelo not being on PEDs, having his custom gloves and if he'll be allowed to stack his wraps again.

I think someone will be stopped this time around.

GGG in 8rds.

5. borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

Canelo beat the crap out of GGG damage wise.

6. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Delirium has set in.

7. Stormtrooper85 Black Belt

Adelaide byrd did the most damage.

8. The Adder Purple Belt

Canelo did more damage. GGG mostly spammed jabs.