Movies Who Could Replace Arnold as The Terminator Today?

Gary Oldman is the only actor good enough to pull it off. He could play John and Sarah as well, you wouldn't know it's all him until the credits roll.

They would be black 100%

Probably Lizzo

The Terminator was actually going to be Lance Henrickson originally, Arnie only came in fairly late so really the idea of the T-1000 like slighty "off" looking normal sized man was there from the start.

Arnie being a sucess really though wasnt just that he was big and beefy but he like Patrick(and probably Lance) could play the role well, the way he moves just has a methodical inhuman nature to it which is really what sells the character.

Last edited:
I don't see it working. The 80s had an iconic sheen to it that just doesn't work today.

I'd also pick the T-1000 as a villain over the T-800.

If he wasn't such a big star, I'd pick The Rock.
Well. The Rock makes sense since he is the biggest star around.

The Terminator has been remade several times after the second movie. It needs to stop.

That said, maybe Michael B Jordan. Seems like he has the chops to pull it off. Henry Cavill too.

The Terminator was actually going to be Lance Hendrickson originally, Arnie only came in fairly late so really the idea of the T-1000 like slighty "off" looking normal sized man was there from the start.

Arnie being a sucess really though wasnt just that he was big and beefy but he like Patrick(and probably Lance) could play the role well, the way he moves just has a methodical inhuman nature to it which is really what sells the character.
His performance is perhaps underrated, he did a really good job.

James Cameron wasting his talents creating those boring Avatar movies has got me thinking about the iconic T1 and T2.

If Terminator was remade in 2023, who would play The Terminator?

It's dead. It died in 1993.its been a series of abortions ever since. Let it stay dead and buried.

It's an infiltration unit designed to kill you, it's not supposed to be pretty

ic_zlA.gif

Modern women <Lmaoo>Looks like men after divorce.

Entitled AF.... Shoots her shot at captain America.

Serious answer, if it was made in a similar way to the original movies i think ryan gosling would do a great job of it. He's not big like arnold but he'd bring whats needed to the role.

100117bladerunner2.jpg

I say cast Ryan gosling as the terminator but his character has to mimic holland march from the nice guys

The Terminator has been remade several times after the second movie. It needs to stop.

That said, maybe Michael B Jordan. Seems like he has the chops to pull it off. Henry Cavill too.

Honestly though I would preffer straight up remakes to the sequels/prequels we've had for franchises like Terminator, Alien and Predator, at least then you'd have to get back to basics a bit more(ot be fair Prey did do that and was much better for it) rather than depending on loads of geeky references.

The problem though really is making a stripped down thriller like Terminator, that needs a quality director as you've nothing to hide behind, making some sequel/prequel though you can get away with unambitious films that promise some reference to an old character/situation with a new spin.

The vibe is different now of days so no bikers in leather jackets. Maybe Rupaul or that fat chick from the movie Brides Maids would fit modern audiences better.

Honestly though I would preffer straight up remakes to the sequels/prequels we've had for franchises like Terminator, Alien and Predator, at least then you'd have to get back to basics a bit more(ot be fair Prey did do that and was much better for it) rather than depending on loads of geeky references.

The problem though really is making a stripped down thriller like Terminator, that needs a quality director as you've nothing to hide behind, making some sequel/prequel though you can get away with unambitious films that promise some reference to an old character/situation with a new spin.
I actually don't because the first movies were so good that I think it's unnecessary, although I did enjoy Prey, although I'd call that more of a soft reboot. I suppose if you mean soft reboot (which I differentiate from remake) I could be on board with the Predator movies since Prey was basically that and maybe Alien but even then I'd say nah.

The Terminator has been basically being remade post T2 with some convoluted additions, with the exception of Salvation, which I found to be very flawed but more interesting than any of the other sequels. I think with The Terminator in particular it needs to go into the future and I think even a simple but effective script would make for a good movie. I think even Salvation could've been salvaged with some key changes here-and-there. The chase/time travel aspect has been done to death.

Back