Who Could Play Indiana Jones Today.

Illinois Johnson is hilarious!!

Milan to Minsk. Ah damn I was cracking up.

Tom Sellick would be an excellent IJ.

tomselleck.jpg

Ewan mcgregor has the right balance of swagger and clumsiness to play Indy.

Bill Murray or Patrick Stewart.

Bill Murray or Patrick Stewart.

Stewart maybe, but Bill Murray is too fat now. I could see him huffing, pulling his tan britches up to his gut as he tries to maneuver foot in front of foot as quickly as he possibly can while running frim big rocks and shit.

should they reboot... no... will they yes... I honestly dont want to see harrison ford
do a 5th... "Indiana Jones and the Walker of Doom"

These movies when set in the 20s and 30s atleast allow my suspension of disbelief
to exist... once they start moving into the 50s and 60s... that goes away
That all being said...
This is a character that was a professor in a class room and a gun toting, whip wielding
killer out in the field.... Harrison Ford carried both of those roles
Bradley Cooper does not fit the role
I like Karl Urban... but disney wont risk a franchise on someone who "may" be viewed
as someone who cant carry a film
I also like Nathan Fillion, he's a long shot

I could see Ryan Gosling playing anything Harrison Ford did.

I think it's a role that a lot of actors could do justice actually. I'd prefer if they stuck with the original Indiana Jones formula and cast an actor in his late 30's or 40's - remember the guy is a tenured professor and has spent years in the field. To that end I think someone like Clive Owen, Damon, McConaughey, Fassbender, DiCaprio, Pitt, Jackman, Butler, Renner, etc.

Knowing Hollywood they'd probably do a reboot showing Indy in university like that piece of crap Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, in which case Gosling or Chris Evans are about the only young guys that I can see playing the role well.

Sean Patrick Flanery, the guy who played Indy in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles back in the 90's, did a great job I think, and is the right age to play Indy now, but never in a million years would Hollywood cast him as the lead in a $100 million + blockbuster. He's still active in Hollywood (he was awesome in Boondock Saints, and I've seen him more recently in Criminal Minds and Dexter).
edit: just looked him up on IMDB and he's 48! Jesus.

For the love of god, please no more LeBeouf.

no one. harrison ford owned the role so much i can't picture anyone else playing him.

the thought of it being "rebooted" makes me sick to my stomach.

Bringing back a 65 year old Ford to make a 4th film was far more of a crime.

I think Brad Pitt would be awesome but he's probably too famous.

If there was one choice of who i wouldn't want it would be Bradley Cooper.

Pitt actually would probably handle that role really well though he is 50 now and he is a bit famous for it. Fassbender is the perfect age to start a reboot(late 30's).

I agree Bradley Cooper would irk me.

Clearly the best candidate considering Firefly, he's pretty much done it already.

mal-reynolds.jpg

There is an easy fix to this.

It involves either a human cloning, or a time machine.

Shia is the only answer

Back