Who could beat the WEC Jose Aldo at FW or LW?

Aldo's technique is clearly better than it was during his WEC days. I love watching his fights for his footwork alone. In the WEC, he faced lower competition and relied more on his natural physical gifts. Now that his technique is refined, he essentially cruises to victory against elite competition. His technique is evolved to the point where he outclasses his opponents without needing to take risks. The only lighter weight fighter who's striking technique poses the slightest challenge is Pettis, which is why that fight is so intriguing. Aldo is the better overall fighter, but Anthony might be a bad stylistic match for him.

Some of the bigger wrestlers at LW might pose a problem for Aldo as well. Everyone seems to want Aldo to move up, but guys like Bendo and Khabib would have significant size advantages over him.

I've never seen him beat anyone at LW, so I don't know.
And don't give me that Frankie crap, that fight was at FW.

It's like the mindless comparisons of Shields fights at WW and using his win over Hendo as some kind of reference to the WW he fought in the UFC.

People have to remember that the competition he faced in the WEC isn't anywhere close to competition he's been facing in the UFC(with the exception of Mark Hominick) and will be facing in upcoming fights.

What? the competition he faced in the WEC isn't anywhere close to competition he's been facing in the UFC??? He fought fighters that came from WEC also (except Frankie and Kenny).

What? the competition he faced in the WEC isn't anywhere close to competition he's been facing in the UFC??? He fought fighters that came from WEC also (except Frankie and Kenny).

He didn't fight Mendes, KZ or Lamas in the WEC and all of those guys have made significant improvements in their game since their own WEC days so yeah I think it's fair to say he has been facing a whole different level of competition since his WEC days.

Back