Who could beat jones? Who could beat cormier?

KJE416

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I believe both of these guys are very dominant and champ worthy fighters. But for whoever becomes champ tomorrow, who will give them problems?
I'll start with my list:

Jones:
Cormier
Gustaffson

Cormier:
Jones
Gustaffson

DAMN they are both so good I don't know who else.

Do you???

Cormier wouldn't struggle with Gustaffson, the way Jones did.

Havent really seen Cormier or Gus fight a ton of ranked guys. Very possible that many could give them trouble.

As for Jones, we know for sure that Gus can put up a great fight.

Rumble vs jones could be interesting I think Alex beats him though

Rumble is capable of knocking them both out but we all know what happens when you get rumble down. Hard to believe koscheck beat him

Wouldn't put Cormier in the same category as Jones or Gus. I think those two are like Cain and JDS at HW a year or so ago. There's those two, and then there's everyone else.

I also think Rumble Johnson could beat Cormier, he shrugged off any wrestling stuff from Phil Davis like it was nothing and nearly took his head off with punches several times. I'd expect a Cormier fight to go the same way.

I believe both of these guys are very dominant and champ worthy fighters. But for whoever becomes champ tomorrow, who will give them problems?
I'll start with my list:

Jones:
Cormier
Gustaffson

Cormier:
Jones
Gustaffson

DAMN they are both so good I don't know who else.

Do you???
GUS beat jones,also rumble and davis would have solid shot
DC idk

Gus can beat both men.

Cormier can beat both men.

Jones:
Cormier
Gus
Rumble
His brothers
JDS
Velasquez

Cormier:
Jones
Velasquez
JDS

Rumble is capable of knocking them both out but we all know what happens when you get rumble down. Hard to believe koscheck beat him

ummmmm. The phil davis fight took away any concerns I had about rumble's TDD.

Cormier wouldn't struggle with Gustaffson, the way Jones did.

You're sure? Who has Cormier fought with that kind of boxing, speed and length/reach? With that kind of footwork? He's fought nobody like Gustafsson because there is nobody like him at HW or LHW. Gustafsson arguably has the best jab in MMA, has solid knockout power, the best boxing at LHW and higher in the UFC, great TDD, a granite chin, great footwork, and speed for days (hands and feet). He utilizes a lot of lateral movement which is hard for many wrestlers to deal with because they'll try and shoot while the other is still stepping all over the place. Cormier gets inside pretty well but that's been against much slower fighters without the distance control / control of range that Gustafsson has shown in his last two fights. Cormier isn't really one to take a shot from far outside, it's usually in close boxing range to clinch range, but he'll likely have some of the same problems trying to grab a leg that Jones did. He may eat some nasty strikes on the way in too (front kick to the chin/face, cross, jab, knee etc).

I think Weidman would have a good shot at both if he went up a class.

I think Weidman would have a good shot at both if he went up a class.

So do I, but right now there's plenty of talent and shit that needs sorted out at LHW with Jon, Alex, Daniel and Anthony/Rumble.

Back