who could be next for jds?

I like the Hunt fight because it would probably make him use some other skills , if he doesn't have other skills to take Hunt down then we get 2 big punchers with iron chins slugging it out

hopefully is Hunt wins we can see JDS vs Hunt. If Struve wins i'd like to see a Roy Nelson rematch

He deserves a top 10 opponent. So no kongo or Browne. Hopefully no rematch so no nelson or struve. Hunt if he beats Struve maybe or Barnett would be perfect. Replacement for Mir if he gets injured for cormier.

I'm hoping for Barnett, personally. Gives Barnett a high profile fight. It can be billed as exchamps. Jds gets the chance to prove he can still beat a wrestler of high caliber.

Agreed 100%. The only rematch involving JDS that I would be interested in is against Cain (Werdum could be nice, but I'd rather watch him going after the title). And giving him anyone that isn't top 10 (i.e, Congo, Browne, etc.) seems like a waste of time.

Reem, if he losses. Roy's been asking for a rematch. Also, Werdum

He's coming off a loss, so his opponent should be too. Travis Browne would be a good fight.

Browne's hamstring is torn; Morecraft would be a ridiculous step down. Ditto Lavar, plus he's engaged to fight Schaub in February anyway.

No interest in a Struve rematch; Hunt could be fun if he wins but who wants to wait that long to arrange a bout?

Looking at guys higher up the totem pole, out of Barnett and Cormier (assuming no upsets in Strikeforce) Cormier's actually not all that compelling -- he doesn't step up to challenge Cain if he wins, so a JDS fight risks really gumming up the division. (Probably why he wants Mir.) Barnett, I would like -- but as much as I love Josh, he's not the most dependable, and there's been talk of him going to Pancrase instead of the UFC.

So the safest pairs of hands belong to Kongo (my preferred choice), or Barry. Both are fun style match-ups for Junior, IMO.

KONGO1.jpg

pat-barry.jpg

Would be awesome if they thought outside the box a bit and brought in Arlovski or, better yet, Sergei. I just don't see it happening though. :icon_sad:

Last edited:
Maybe if he could fight both Kongo and Barry in the same night.

JDS should fight Todd Duffee next. Then if he wins, a Top 10 guy. If he wins that, then another title shot.

I like Browne, Kongo or Barnett.
Edit or tle BF vs AO loser. Depends on how many fights before a title shot they are planning on giving him.

I'd like to see Hunt or Del Rosario but what do i know...hell, maybe even Miocic

Browne's hamstring is torn; Morecraft would be a ridiculous step down. Ditto Lavar, plus he's engaged to fight Schaub in February anyway.

No interest in a Struve rematch; Hunt could be fun if he wins but who wants to wait that long to arrange a bout?

Looking at guys higher up the totem pole, out of Barnett and Cormier (assuming no upsets in Strikeforce) Cormier's actually not all that compelling -- he doesn't step up to challenge Cain if he wins, so a JDS fight risks really gumming up the division. (Probably why he wants Mir.) Barnett, I would like -- but as much as I love Josh, he's not the most dependable, and there's been talk of him going to Pancrase instead of the UFC.

So the safest pairs of hands belong to Kongo (my preferred choice), or Barry. Both are fun style match-ups for Junior, IMO.

KONGO1.jpg

pat-barry.jpg

Would be awesome if they thought outside the box a bit and brought in Arlovski or, better yet, Sergei. I just don't see it happening though. :icon_sad:

Forgot Duffee. I guess he works, but I'm not feeling it.

Now that you guys mention it, Barnett would be perfect. Too bad Dana won't allow it.

I'd like to see him fight Reem and Cain can have Werdum, which is what I think will happen anyways assuming both those guys win their next fight.

He doesn't need a gimme fight. He's coming off being a defending HW champ and has a win over the guy he lost to. He deserves a top 10 opponent for his next fight and a title shot after.

Back