Who coined the term 'sexyama'?

I remember Goldberg said on a live broadcast during sexyamas entrance he said "Hes a megastar in Korea some call him sexyama" Joe then says, I'm not going to call him that but you can." (To Goldberg)

This guy might be onto something, sounds totally plausible, but I guess we could never know for sure.

Wait! Holy shit was it you!!!??

I remember the guy having a username similar as yourself! Am I being blessed by the creator?

Back in the day, Sexyama didn’t have just any old crappy war wagon thread. He had the Yoshihiro Sexyama Battle Station Sex Wagon!!! thread.

No other thread since has ever come close to its glory.

Wait! Holy shit was it you!!!??

I remember the guy having a username similar as yourself! Am I being blessed by the creator?

No dude, I am not half as smart to create something so epic lol

No dude, I am not half as smart to create something so epic lol

Damn! I thought it was you. I remember the guys username having a one in it. Like koreaone or onek.

Damn! I thought it was you. I remember the guys username having a one in it. Like koreaone or onek.

No it's not me, would've been pretty cool, would ve been literally one of my life's biggest accomplishments, coin something up like that and have it being used like in pay per view broadcasts and more, but whatever you are saying makes sense to me, but there's also another guy who said it was from UG, so maybe same guy, or some guy saw it on the other and posted here or over there

Before GOD created time

Supposedly he was an early prototype for Adam. Didn't work out since Eve couldn't keep her hands off him.

Obligatory sexyama gif in sexyama thread:
pMpGY9G.gif

Dat back.....

Supposedly he was an early prototype for Adam. Didn't work out since Eve couldn't keep her hands off him.

Obligatory sexyama gif in sexyama thread:
pMpGY9G.gif

Dat back.....
You could cook an egg on that back, so hot, so oily

Posted by a Sherdog moderator:

Since we're a pretty small crew here in Japan, and since I'm often pressed for time to do interviews within the schedules of the interviewee and our three-person team, we don't always have time to break the ice with fighters/promoters such that we can speak amicably and openly with them (which is what we want, because that's when personalities really take shape in an article of 1400 or so words).

Needless to say, we represent a Western and thus outside news entity--we not only report and publish things differently, but we ask questions that people just aren't used to here. Guardedness (and sometimes boring answers) are par for the course for us here, so it's my job to try and cut through all that.

Thus, with only one hour to interview him, and the fact that he didn't really know us personally, it was suggested by Jordan that we gamble by OPENING the interview with the Sexyama stuff to break the ice (hopefully). That's something that he'd definitely not expect, but we're foreign, so why not, right?

Jordan and I didn't know how he'd react to it, or if he had a sense of humor at all, but we were both pretty hopeful it'd break the ice just enough to get him amped up to do an interview for the English-speaking fans he likely never knew he had. We figured that so much gold came from the thread that there had to be very little chance he'd be offended by it and kick us out.

Starting the interview, I *didn't* show him examples from the thread, just yet. I just told him about it and the nickname Sexyama. It was the first he'd heard of it, and it took him by surprise. A careful smile was forming on his face at that moment, so he hadn't really developed an opinion adequate enough to really comment on it just yet, but it gave me hope that the plan was working (if, slowly). He asked me my opinion first, what it was all about, and things like that. I basically told him that of the online, hardcore MMA fanbase, there were people who thought he was great and that he had a particularly sharp sense of style that set him apart from other fighters. That's when I showed him the example posts.

The moniker, along with the example posts I'd printed out earlier that day eventually won him over, and like Daniel says, he was constantly leafing through them during the interview, muttering "Sexyama" under his breath, trying out the name and apparently liking it. When we wrapped up details with his management after the interview, he was in the management office, sitting at one of the desks, STILL looking through the example posts I'd printed.

Posted by a Sherdog moderator:

Since we're a pretty small crew here in Japan, and since I'm often pressed for time to do interviews within the schedules of the interviewee and our three-person team, we don't always have time to break the ice with fighters/promoters such that we can speak amicably and openly with them (which is what we want, because that's when personalities really take shape in an article of 1400 or so words).

Needless to say, we represent a Western and thus outside news entity--we not only report and publish things differently, but we ask questions that people just aren't used to here. Guardedness (and sometimes boring answers) are par for the course for us here, so it's my job to try and cut through all that.

Thus, with only one hour to interview him, and the fact that he didn't really know us personally, it was suggested by Jordan that we gamble by OPENING the interview with the Sexyama stuff to break the ice (hopefully). That's something that he'd definitely not expect, but we're foreign, so why not, right?

Jordan and I didn't know how he'd react to it, or if he had a sense of humor at all, but we were both pretty hopeful it'd break the ice just enough to get him amped up to do an interview for the English-speaking fans he likely never knew he had. We figured that so much gold came from the thread that there had to be very little chance he'd be offended by it and kick us out.

Starting the interview, I *didn't* show him examples from the thread, just yet. I just told him about it and the nickname Sexyama. It was the first he'd heard of it, and it took him by surprise. A careful smile was forming on his face at that moment, so he hadn't really developed an opinion adequate enough to really comment on it just yet, but it gave me hope that the plan was working (if, slowly). He asked me my opinion first, what it was all about, and things like that. I basically told him that of the online, hardcore MMA fanbase, there were people who thought he was great and that he had a particularly sharp sense of style that set him apart from other fighters. That's when I showed him the example posts.

The moniker, along with the example posts I'd printed out earlier that day eventually won him over, and like Daniel says, he was constantly leafing through them during the interview, muttering "Sexyama" under his breath, trying out the name and apparently liking it. When we wrapped up details with his management after the interview, he was in the management office, sitting at one of the desks, STILL looking through the example posts I'd printed.

Sexyama is the man.

Only fighter in the history of MMA who got stronger opponents as he lost inside the Octagon of the UFC.

Kinda like Goku, how he dies, he gets stronger. Except Sexyama isn't one, so he just got shafted getting stronger opponents every time he lost

yoshihiro-akiyama-vs-jake-shields.gif

akiyamathrow2.gif

It needed no coining.

What other word in our vocabulary could have described this?

yoshihiro-akiyama-vs-jake-shields.gif

akiyamathrow2.gif

It needed no coining.

What other word in our vocabulary could have described this?

Sexyama's Judo is world class for sure. As good as they come really.

Probably the best ever in the UFC history.

Back