Who closed the thread?

boxer steve

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Is there a spot that tells who closed a thread. I would like to propose a new rule that sucfient eveidence be produced for a thread being closed.
Not a religion threads are flame fest. Please close threads on merit not just subject matter.

Unfortunately that's not how they run things. Any thread where you are discussing religion will get closed immediately. There are plenty of other contraversial subjects that stay open but the religious threads get targeted every time regardless of how respectful people are being. Why do they do this you ask? Your guess is as good as mine.

6/10 times the answer is Wamrage. His favorite maneuver is to get in the last word and close the thread.

My guess is that this is the thread in question even though the TS is too lazy to reference what he is talking about:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=752478

I'm not the one who closed it, but as per policy all the religious threads will be closed and/or wastelanded.

As for your comment Gunny about it being me 6/10 times, I do it often in the HWTs in order to clean up the shit that is being posted and clogging the place up for real discussion. I can simply move the threads to another forum everytime but then the message doesn't get sent. If I close it, at least I know the threadstarter will get the message and it won't happen again and end with him/her getting dubs or a ban.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=744083

My guess is that this is the thread in question even though the TS is too lazy to reference what he is talking about:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=752478

I'm not the one who closed it, but as per policy all the religious threads will be closed and/or wastelanded.

As for your comment Gunny about it being me 6/10 times, I do it often in the HWTs in order to clean up the shit that is being posted and clogging the place up for real discussion. I can simply move the threads to another forum everytime but then the message doesn't get sent. If I close it, at least I know the threadstarter will get the message and it won't happen again and end with him/her getting dubs or a ban.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=744083

I see. It's a solid technique.

Until the admins wake up and make that damn Religion and Science forum that many of us are waiting for, I think you guys should just wasteland the threads instead of locking/deleting them.

I mean in various parts of this board I'm allowed to discuss street fights, boob sizes, war, politics and pretty much everything except religion and some science topics? It doesn't make much sense and you all know it.

People who discuss street fights, boob sizes, war, politics, and pretty much everything else don't typically have endless pages of declaring jihads and crusades on each other's intellect that result in mass e-mail complaints to Admins.

Just because you don't see the fallout doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's what we all know.

People who discuss street fights, boob sizes, war, politics, and pretty much everything else don't typically have endless pages of declaring jihads and crusades on each other's intellect that result in mass e-mail complaints to Admins.

Just because you don't see the fallout doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's what we all know.

Well said.

Until the admins wake up and make that damn Religion and Science forum that many of us are waiting for, I think you guys should just wasteland the threads instead of locking/deleting them.

I mean in various parts of this board I'm allowed to discuss street fights, boob sizes, war, politics and pretty much everything except religion and some science topics? It doesn't make much sense and you all know it.

They make a forum for that, then everyone wants a forum for a sub-topic. Videogames, hockey, nfl, dating and relationship advice, rugby, judo, etc. Where does it end?

~Foz

They make a forum for that, then everyone wants a forum for a sub-topic. Videogames, hockey, nfl, dating and relationship advice, rugby, judo, etc. Where does it end?

~Foz

Exactly. Seems like there's a petition every week for some sort of OT sub forum.

Very nice avoidance on the part of the mods. I would like to known exactly at what point the thread, any thread that is closed, became to offensive to the senses that it had to be closed.

If all the emails are a hassle I suggest you step down to avoid the problem.

When a thread gets closed the people involved would like to know why, at what point was it over the top. When you close it just post with a bit of an explination.

Is that too much effort?

Very nice avoidance on the part of the mods. I would like to known exactly at what point the thread, any thread that is closed, became to offensive to the senses that it had to be closed.

If all the emails are a hassle I suggest you step down to avoid the problem.

When a thread gets closed the people involved would like to know why, at what point was it over the top. When you close it just post with a bit of an explination.

Is that too much effort?

How did they avoid it? All religious debates will be closed/wastelanded on request of the admin. We're not politicians here, we're the police force and we're just doing what admin has requested.

~Foz

The HUGE difference here is I'm allowed to discuss videogames, hockey, nfl, dating and relationship advice and rugby in OT and Mayberry. I'm also allowed to discuss judo in grappling and vegans can talk about it in the dieting forum.

3 mods replied to the comment above and none of you realized that?

Back