Who Breaks Anderson's Title Defence Record?

eternal403

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all.

Both Aldo and Jones are at 7 (though Aldo should be at 9)

Jones has: DC, Gus and Maybe Johnson coming (Gus vs Johnson probably won't eliminate either fighter).

Aldo has: Connor, Frankie and maybe Cub?

Aldo gets there first I think....but I think Mighty Mouse sneaks in before we realize it.

No, but they really should. It's not as if the UFC had a 145 division before it.

If we are going to add WEC wins to Aldo, may as well add Strikeforce wins to Rousey as well. Giving her 6 title defenses. I don't see anyone beating her for a while. I think Jones loses to DC. Edgar is a tough fight for Aldo. He comes on strong in the late rounds and his top control is much improved as shown in Penn and Swanson fight. Mcgregor is a question mark. I think he is good, but I don't know how he stacks against Aldo. But if Aldo gets passed these two, I don't see anyone stopping him at FW. I don't see anyone stopping Jones at LHW if he gets passed DC and Gus2.

I don't think WEC title defenses should count for Aldo. Before UFC added a 145-lb division, it was weak sauce internationally. Many of the true 145'ers fought at 155 because that was where the money and prestige was at. And really, Aldo was still benefiting from that fact for his first couple of UFC defenses. He faced Mark Hominick and Kenny Florian. Since then his opposition has been legit. But 7 may even be flattering. We can at least stick with the UFC criteria.

Andy had a streak of 10 straight defenses. I think Aldo will beat that, provided he stays at 145, because he's been relatively cruising against opposition and if anything should be improving at his age. And in thinking about it, while having this conversation, I think he will stay at 145 to get that streak record because it's meaningful. Then maybe he moves up once he reaches 11.

Jones is going to have a tougher task with Cormier, Gus, Rumble, etc.; while Gus really gave him a run for his money. But I do think he should be at least a moderate favorite in all those fights. So he's got a reasonable shot to do it as well.

Pettis is as talented as anyone in MMA, but he might be in the toughest division, is a major knee injury in, and only one title defense. So it's not probable, but he's at the top of the future watch list.

Somebody will knock Andy's record down within the next 3-5 years almost surely. I mean he didn't start his streak until he was 32 and dabbled in another division.

MM as no one is close to him at that level

I think Jones, Aldo (if he doesn't get convinced via massive fucking paycheck to move up), and mighty mouse all have serious chanced to

I think Rouse retires for personal/whatever reasons before as still undefeated champ

Title pretty much says it all.

Both Aldo and Jones are at 7 (though Aldo should be at 9)

Jones has: DC, Gus and Maybe Johnson coming (Gus vs Johnson probably won't eliminate either fighter).

Aldo has: Connor, Frankie and maybe Cub?

there was a huge thread of this with a poll honestly within the last two weeks.

it would only be fitting if the chris gets there in 3-4 years.

Back