Who beside Jones can beat DC?

SpongeJoshSquareCheck

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone past or present. I think Gustaffson and Rumble had the best shot but froze up in key moments

None of the fresh contenders at LHW and HW lived to the hype. Ngannou, Oezdemir, Blaydes, Smith... The changing of the guard didn't happen and I don't see any serious new threats for Cormier.

Ngannou, blaydes, oleinik, minakov,

I still think Stipe could beat him. These days whenever Dana refuses to allow an immediate rematch I treat that as a sign that he knows it wouldn't turn out well for his prize fighter.

I still think Stipe could beat him. These days whenever Dana refuses to allow an immediate rematch I treat that as a sign that he knows it wouldn't turn out well for his prize fighter.

Wait, so you think Dana is a good predictor of fight results? Like... since Stipe would definitely be an underdog in a rematch and most of Sherdog would agree that Stipe showed little reason to believe he would win the rematch, yet you believe Stipe would have a great chance based on your perception that Dana is protecting DC from a guy he already convincingly beat?

Interdasting
<TheWire1>

Gus, Cain and Stipe that's about it though.

Gus and Rumble both dropped him like a sack of potatoes and won rounds off of him, so it's clear they could.

Stipe likely could've, but for some reason went from the hyper game plan focused Stipe who beat Ngannou back to the hyper aggressive Stipe who puts himself in bad situations

Wait, so you think Dana is a good predictor of fight results? Like... since Stipe would definitely be an underdog in a rematch and most of Sherdog would agree that Stipe showed little reason to believe he would win the rematch, yet you believe Stipe would have a great chance based on your perception that Dana is protecting DC from a guy he already convincingly beat?

Interdasting
<TheWire1>
Stipe did hurt DC in that fight and the finish came not long after there was a stop in action for an eye poke, which I believe changed the fight.

No one
Because DC
-tested by Usada prior to MMA
-Undefeated at HW. At 5'11
-Undefeated at LHW {besides TurinaBones}
-Fought in the UFC in the USADA era
-beat Bigfoot {after the Fedor win}
-beat Barnett, ufc champ
-beat Mir, 2x ufc champ
-beat Miocic, 4x ufc champ

DC is the Natty GOAT

Stipe did hurt DC in that fight and the finish came not long after there was a stop in action for an eye poke, which I believe changed the fight.
That is a fair point, and I'm not so much making fun of anyone for thinking Stipe would/could win a rematch. Clearly he COULD, though I think it would be about 65/35 in favor of DC. I was more poking fun at the thought that Dana actually influences what he thinks would happen in the rematch.

Back