who believes stephen thompson can beat tyron woodley?

Yes he's always had power but he was just a wrestler before, go back and watch the Marquardt fight Woodley's striking looked terrible.. Don't pretend he hasn't improved lol

Since Nate of course, since his Rory Macdonald loss is questionable.

We still have nothing to go off that he's filled the holes in his game that Rory capitalized off of, but what we did see is he still heavily relies on his right hand, and a great striker like WB can easily capitalize on that

Woodley has looked rather unimpressive in several of his fights in the past, including against Rory who was fairly convincingly beaten by Wonderboy. I think Wonderboy's striking would give Woodley fits and if anybody is going to avoid that right hand, it's Wonderboy. So, yes, I think Wonderboy can beat Woodley. I'd favor him, actually. Woodley is obviously very dangerous, though, so don't take this as me saying Woodley wouldn't have a chance. I just think Wonderboy has a better chance at this point.

Yea I think Wonderboy will win. I think Woodley is one of the more beatable champs right now. I just feel like if you can bring it into the second round and manage to be fresh he won't be the same guy. He has one decision win in the UFC against Gastelum which could've gone either way. Other than that all first round wins or he loses. And no, the Condit fight obviously doesn't count cause it was an injury.

You don't think he would beat Maia or Magny lol? I think they are his two easiest wins from the top 10. His wrestling is better than both and has much more power than both. He would sleep both of them imo.
Literally the first words in that post are Woodley can beat anyone. Great reading skills.
Sure, he could beat them. But I dont like his chances against either one enough to put money on it.

He would be in trouble on the ground against Maia, and everyone Maia has fought has had more power than him. How many times as he been put away?

If Woodley doesn't land a big shot, Magny's cardio helps him run away with the fight

Think Thompson is going to stand flat flooted like Robbie and be a stationary target?

Its MMA, anything can happen. But this is a completely different fight for Woodley vs fighting a brawler who likes to stand and bang.

wonderboy can beat anybody in his division

btw woodley is not very popular these days on SD since he tried hard to imitate connor but failed

Back