who believes stephen thompson can beat tyron woodley?

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i think tyron woodley has improved, i mean after seeing his knock out of robbie lawler and i don't believe it was a fluke because i saw the knock out and it was just a perfectly placed shot. i believe that stephen thompsob is a good fighter but with his hands down style, woodley has the advantage. thompson if he can place a few shots perfectly and land them on woodley then i believe that he can win, but tyron woodley has a style that could counter thompsons style, thompson has improvesld since the brown fight, but after seeing tyrons knock out of lawler i think that tyron might have the advantage, then again woodley's only weapon is the overhand right, thompson's is one of my favorite fighters but if tyron who is fast with his overhand can hit that overhand then he can win. does anyone think thompson can beat woodley?

I favor thompson, but Woodley has a chance for sure. He always does with that power. I think WB will do a better job of keeping the distance than Robbie & use more kicks. I wish tyron would take the fight.

Woodley can beat anyone. One punch and it's over. However, If you did...
Rory - Woodley 2
Robbie - Woodley 2
Wonderboy - Woodley
GSp - Woodley
Condit - Woodley 2
Magny - Woodley
Maia - Woodley

I would bet on Woodley zero times.

Lets pray wonder gets the shot he deserves. because just because dana said so doesnt mean shit these days.
my money is on wonder boy but i really believe this will be a great fight

Can?
Sure.

Will?
Not so sure about that
I think that minus the cardio issues (which are exaggerated), Woodley is actually a pretty negative style match up for Wonderboy. With some adjustments and the right strategy he'd ruin that man's day.

Woodley can beat anyone. One punch and it's over. However, If you did...
Rory - Woodley 2
Robbie - Woodley 2
Wonderboy - Woodley
GSp - Woodley
Condit - Woodley 2
Magny - Woodley
Maia - Woodley

I would bet on Woodley zero times.

Couldn't have said it better.
I know he can absolutely win, but I would not bet on him at all.

Wonderboy seems like a really good duck hunter.

Last edited:
Woodley before belt: Stands no chance

Woodley after belt: Steamrolls division WW GOAT

Every current champs are GOATS, subject to change when they lose.

Sherdog logic

This will come down to Wonderboys tdd.
He will be able to control and win the stand up. If he stuffs Woodley a couple times the fight is going to go very well for Wonderboy.
We will be seeing the wonderflip!

Wonderboy will tool him up on the feet, make him take desperate shots and "HOPEFULLY" he has enough TDD to stop them. If that is the case, he'll be wearing that strap at the end of the night.

If Wonderboy performs like he did against Hendricks and MacDonald, he beats Ty-Run with ease.

Woodley before belt: Stands no chance

Woodley after belt: Steamrolls division WW GOAT

Every current champs are GOATS, subject to change when they lose.

Sherdog logic
I agree sherdog logic is fukked up. But I don't see many people saying Woodley would chuck wood if Woodley coudly chuck Woodley. I mean I don't see many people saying Woodley would steamroll...

Back