Who are your real "OG's" of the sport?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
In light of Tyron Woodley comment about himself being an OG and deserving a money fight, I got to thinking about who my OG's that earned and deserved to be selective with their future bouts/ opponents based off of performance, tenure, and star power. Here a list starting with LW and moving up:

LW: BJ Penn/ Jens Pulver
WW: Matt Hughes/ GSP
MW: Dan Henderson/ A. Silva
LHW: Chuck Liddell/ Wanderlei Silva/ Dan Henderson
HW: Fedor Emelianenko/ Randy Couture

In my opinion, T-Wood, though opportunistic and incredibly explosive, is not on any of their level.

As much as I know things don't necessarily work this way, I like to think that a champion could never be selective.

OG´s?

Tank, Wand, Frye, Ken, Hansen, Enson, etc..

I agree, though I just missed his era as the first time I saw him, Cro Cop damn near decapitated him. He definitely didn't seem like he hand chose his opponents.

Always been a T-wood fan, Liked him since his SF debut... Him acting like he can call the shots as soon as he gets the belt is really lame and making me dislike him quickly

I agree, though I just missed his era as the first time I saw him, Cro Cop damn near decapitated him. He definitely didn't seem like he hand chose his opponents.
Ya I just consider him a super OG thats why I said him

not sure how royce hasn't been mentioned yet.. he was THE OG

what the fuck?

Bob sapp v big nog was the first fight I ever saw live

So they always be ogs to me

If you were fighting in any organization previous to the first TUF show then you should be considered an OG to the sport.

tumblr_nn34glfnDC1rmv6ajo1_1280.jpg

anyone from tuf season 1 and before. the biggest og is big jon mccarthy tho

Please stop guys. Sorry to be a spoiled sport, but OG stands for Original Gangsta. None of these guys qualify.

Back