Who are your favourite UNRANKED fighters? (Lets give some credit to some unranked guys for a change)

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
We don't really hear much about the unranked guys round here, obviously it's understandable because the rankings are where the active fights are however I thought it would be interesting to see who your favourite unranked fighters are which are active on the current roster.

Obviously Cub Swanson for me by far however I can understand how people like Mike Perry because he goes in and fights and every time, he's probably unranked because he takes risks which sometimes cost him however he fights and people love that, when he is on a card he automatically makes that card more interesting.

I actually quite like Alan Jouban too, his last fight with Grant wasn't the greatest but that was due to no fault of his own as he was trying to push that fight but Dwight just kept back peddling and there's not a lot you can do in that situation. I know people knock WMMA sometimes which I feel is a bit unfair however Molly McCann is another who always brings it in her fights too, she's always great to watch and she would be awesome against Macy Barber for example as she's very scrappy, tough and similar in styles.

I actually quite like Danny Roberts too, admittedly his performances have been a little lack luster at times in the octagon but it was nice to see him get the win at the weekend, Marc Diakase is another who had a great win not too long ago where he was on the verge of being cut before he beat Joe Duffy and he won his last fight also so I look forward to seeing him fight again at some point soon. Nathaniel Wood is quite scrappy too though I'd like to see a bit more of him to be honest and another who is really great is Drew Dober I do feel he's quite an intriguing fighter also and look forward to seeing his next fight.

One guy who I'm surprised isn't ranked who I also really like is Luis Pena, I just had to google him to see if he was ranked or not and surprisingly he isn't, I do really like him also and feel he has a great style to what he brings in the octagon.

Doo Hoi Choi is another great unranked guy, obviously he's not really active enough due to military or whatever it was he had to do but after the Cub fight his stock went up big time and a lot of people are looking forward to his return in December.

There's probably a load more that haven't come to me at the moment however I'd love to hear what you guys think in regards to this?

------------------------

Edit: If anyone wants to check the rankings, you can browse here :): https://www.ufc.com/rankings

Last edited:
One guy who I'm surprised isn't ranked who I also really like is Luis Pena, I just had to google him to see if he was ranked or not and surprisingly he isn't, I do really like him also and feel he has a great style to what he brings in the octagon.
<6>
There's a reason he's not ranked, lol.

<6>
There's a reason he's not ranked, lol.

That last fight against Frevola was a bit of a weird decision but that aside the dude has a good unique style which I like, he probably needs to face some bigger better opponents but it just felt like he was in the back end of them somewhere or something probably due to how active he's been.

To each his own, but I'm not a fan.

That's absolutely fair enough dude, he just came to mind for me, I enjoy seeing him fight and I'm intrigued to see how he does when he fights :)

Francisco Trinaldo

10782299-60E7-414A-A613-576BCEF24355.jpeg

Let’s be honest, he should be in the top 15 and he got absolutely robbed against Alexander Hernandez

Not gonna last long but that shebazian dude is still unranked right?

cant believe im in a war wagon for an edmund fighter

<{outtahere}>

<{outtahere}>
He's ranked #10 in official UFC rankings.

Going through official rankings, Yan Xioanan and Nathaniel Wood strike me as two fighters who clearly belong in the rankings right now, yet somehow aren't ranked.

I've got personal, sentimental reasons for getting behind a few fighters. Dumb reasons perhaps, but it gets me invested in their fights.

Mark Madsen because he is the only fighter, I've followed his entire career and I've seen every single match back from the earliest independent shows.

Damir Hadzovic will spend his entire career being an entertaining win-some-lose-some-fighter, but he grew up in my home-town of Esbjerg, Denmark, so I will always root for him.

Pannie Kinzaid gets a shout-out as well as she lives in the next town over from where I currently live.

He's ranked #10 in official UFC rankings.

Going through official rankings, Yan Xioanan and Nathaniel Wood strike me as two fighters who clearly belong in the rankings right now, yet somehow aren't ranked.
Ive seen them for sure because i remember the names, specially wood. I know ive seen him a couple of times, but i dont remember their fights so better not say anything

<{outtahere}>

Yeah he was awesome, just read another comment from someone saying he's ranked (I had no idea) but yeah he's great!

Stevie Ray
Nathaniel Wood

Oh yeah Stevie Ray, I forgot about him but I hear you on that :)

I've got personal, sentimental reasons for getting behind a few fighters. Dumb reasons perhaps, but it gets me invested in their fights.

Mark Madsen because he is the only fighter, I've followed his entire career and I've seen every single match back from the earliest independent shows.

Damir Hadzovic will spend his entire career being an entertaining win-some-lose-some-fighter, but he grew up in my home-town of Esbjerg, Denmark, so I will always root for him.

Pannie Kinzaid gets a shout-out as well as she lives in the next town over from where I currently live.

Dude there is never a dumb reason for getting behind a fighter, we all have our reasons and fighters we like and that's it :)

Nico Price
Gilbert Burns

I was gonna say Niko Price but I thought he was ranked, fuck ... I'm surprised by that one.

Lauzon
Lil Nog
Diego
Jim Miller

Joe Lauzon was another I was gonna say too but we're not sure if he's gonna fight again now so I don't even know if he's active or not, if he is, 100% in regards to this :)

Ive seen them for sure because i remember the names, specially wood. I know ive seen him a couple of times, but i dont remember their fights so better not say anything

Nathaniel Wood's not in the rankings dude :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back