Who are the worst strikers in the UFC currently?

Davis outstruck magalhaes and glover. He has great kickboxing,what he doesnt have is power

Davis just uses strikes to rush in and get a takedown or a clinch. That doesn't make him a good striker. Randy Couture out struck Chuck Liddell the first time using that same technique but what happened the next 2 times they fought?

diego is the first one that comes to my mind. how many times did he connect against bj? bj's not that hard to hit, ffs.

shields is pretty bad, but he's no longer in the ufc...

shields was the worst.

Phil Davis and Pat Cummins are awful strikers. Also I have to say Jon Jones is up there with horrible striking skills. Dude only fairs well because of his reach and fingers in his opponents face.

U r stoopid

Omari Akhmedov is the worst I've seen recently.

Davis just uses strikes to rush in and get a takedown or a clinch. That doesn't make him a good striker. Randy Couture out struck Chuck Liddell the first time using that same technique but what happened the next 2 times they fought?

Lmao i never seen randy kicking. Phil has good kicks. He front kicked glover and knock down magalhaes,landed 100+ strikes standing. Why do people think he has bad kickboxing?
I knew he will beat glover and said his striking is underrated. Dude has good kicks,his hands need more work but he is not that bad like you all think

Rani Yahya.

Hands down. Literally

500x1000px-LL-bec35190_giphy1.gif

came to say the same thing

Diego is not the worse striker in the UFC....that's ridiculous, he's actually pretty good.

I would say one of these Brazilian TUF BJJ guys that comes out swinging like a maniac and gasses within a round.

Phil Davis and Pat Cummins are awful strikers. Also I have to say Jon Jones is up there with horrible striking skills. Dude only fairs well because of his reach and fingers in his opponents face.

Nope.

Rodrigo Damm hasn't showed any improvement.

Penn had some of the best boxing and head movement in lightweight history, lol. He was never outstruck at that weight by pretty much anyone besides Edgar in their second (NOT first) fight. It's his own damn fault for getting his ass kicked at WW when his striking style relied on having an at least equal reach to your opponent, which is why he didn't look good trying to out-jab Rory and Diaz while they were hitting him from like a mile away.

HappyAcrobaticGander.gif

sure, i don't dispute how good prime bj was. but by comparison, sherk landed 40 something strikes. how many did diego land? it was 8 total. that's one in some rounds, two in some rounds.

diego has terrible striking--that's my point. sherk had a low percentage against bj, but at least he connected a bit more often than diego given his stubby little arms.

got to be Rin Nakai... fairly poor striking and tiny arms
Matt Riddell and Roxanne Modafferi are up there in [recent] days gone by

Actually Roxanne's striking has a looked a lot better in her last two fights.

Out of the actual guys who matter in the weight classes, its gotta be Phil Davis right? Dude is always looks like he is slipping on something and has no hands. His leg kicks could wobble a baby.

Back