Who are the worst strikers in the UFC currently?

Sanchez would probably be a former LW champ if he could strike. He's always doing combos against thin air. If you watch his fight against Guida, he rocked Guida on the feet and then missed everything against a stationary opponent.

Lol well he rocked him in the first place, that counts for something. a bad striker would not get to that point

too many people saying davis imo, he held his own against machida when he was supposed to get " starched ", and actually looked decent and slightly improved on the feet against glover.

he also has pretty decent kicks.

Who do you think are the worst strikers in the UFC currently or in the past?

I think Diego Sanchez is the worst striker today and of all time.

Edit: Ok...Worst Strikers outside of CM Punk and the Women's Divisions.

Perfect post. I disagree about Sanchez and the 'all time worst' status though; his destruction of Clay Guida is still one of my favs.

too many people saying davis imo, he held his own against machida when he was supposed to get " starched "
The only reason he didn't get starched is because he was completely tentative, wouldn't commit and refused to take any risks in the striking. He really didn't do much in that fight besides circle and occasionally land a glancing kick to Machida's arm.
Tim Kennedy, Patrick Cummins, Phil Davis

Diego is not that bad of a striker. i mean, he held his own vs Kampmann, Melendez, Pearson and Gomi. whatever you say about those decisions, i thought he wasnt terribly outclassed
Lol, he got completely dominated by Kampmann.

Jesus christ. A guy is not "having success in the striking" JUST FOR COMING FORWARD. YOU HAVE TO LAND STRIKES TOO.

OSP even though he just clocked Rua...His punches are ugly as sin. he'll wind up throw a full power shot with the guy like 20ft away.

bj's not that hard to hit, ffs.
Penn had some of the best boxing and head movement in lightweight history, lol. He was never outstruck at that weight by pretty much anyone besides Edgar in their second (NOT first) fight. It's his own damn fault for getting his ass kicked at WW when his striking style relied on having an at least equal reach to your opponent, which is why he didn't look good trying to out-jab Rory and Diaz while they were hitting him from like a mile away.

HappyAcrobaticGander.gif

Phil Davis is probably the worst striker competing at an elite level in any UFC weight class right now.

He hung with Machida, no way he's the worst, elite level.

got to be Rin Nakai... fairly poor striking and tiny arms
Matt Riddell and Roxanne Modafferi are up there in [recent] days gone by

this will be unpopular but I think Faber is a poor striker.
Definitely agreed. He really has no effective weapons standing besides an overhand right, and he's pretty much clueless as far as landing it goes unless you walk right into it (see: Michael McDonald fight).
Razor said:
He hung with Machida, no way he's the worst, elite level.
Say I get scheduled to box GGG, and I don't get KTFO because I manage to run away from him without committing to anything for 12 rounds. Does that mean I "hung with him"? No it just means I ran away and didn't commit to any exchanges, which is EXACTLY what Davis did against Machida. It wasn't a case of standing with his opponent so much as not allowing him to fight. You can be the best striker in the world and it doesn't matter if the guy refuses to do anything but literally run away from your strikes.

Tim Kennedy, Patrick Cummins, Phil Davis

Diego is not that bad of a striker. i mean, he held his own vs Kampmann, Melendez, Pearson and Gomi. whatever you say about those decisions, i thought he wasnt terribly outclassed

98039-what-the-fuck-did-I-just-hear-BCZ0.gif

Can't believe no one has said Koji Oishi. Also Royce Gracie and Jake Shields

to be fair GGG is an elite boxer and if you could get into a ring with him and avoid being punched for 12 rounds, 'running away' or no, you have a fairly marked talent

Sanchez v gilbert was one of the greatest fights ive ever seen and he dropped him so I couldnt add him to this thread for that alone.

to be fair GGG is an elite boxer and if you could get into a ring with him and avoid being punched for 12 rounds, 'running away' or no, you have a fairly marked talent
That's a reasonable point, but what I'm trying to get at is Phil Davis didn't survive Machida because he met him right in the middle of the Octagon, showed superior head movement by slipping punches then tagging him with combinations from angles, countering his punches with kicks, trying to time him with shit etc, he just straight up wasn't outstriking him by any measurable standard. He just wasn't allowing him to be effective. Now, that's "impressive" to some, but it sure as fuck shouldn't win you a fight, and I for one have no idea how Machida got robbed for coming forward and missing strikes IN BRAZIL...

Back