Who are the UFC's ultimate gate keepers?

Guida
Cerrone
Mike Bisping

All high level gatekeepers. Mike was champ, and I respect he opinion that this invalidates him for GOAT gatekeeper. I simply disagree.

Just because you dont win a "belt" doesn't
Make you a gatekeeper dummy.

To call Cerrone or even Pettis (former champion) a gatekeeper is just idiotoc and shows that you have elementary MMA knowledge.

You just named 3 UFC champions. 2 of which are some of the best champions in MMA history. I don't think you can be included in a "best gatekeeper" thread when you have been champion.

TS is a dumb retard

Jeremy Stephens is the textbook definition of gatekeeper (and that's nothing to be ashamed of).

Guys who are solid af, but the likelihood of them becoming champ is slim to none.

Here are my current top keepers by weight division:

• JDS
  • Gus
  • A. Spider
  • A. Pettis
  • D. Cerrone
  • C. Swanson
  • J. Dodson
  • WMMA
  • Zingano
  • Gadelha
The main factor to your choice has to be they are top of the heap but will lose to a top contender every time when it's a title shot eliminator fight.

Who's the p4p GOAT keeper?

My pick:

20140420060510_1MG_8783.JPG
I would say jones. A juice head gaming the system and claiming to be champ while the world laughs at his cheating and roid abuse.

Yea, Gastelem is a sketchy call on my part, but I do not think he will be the MW champ. He will beat up and weed out the contenders but I do not see him winning the belt. He is better than the other gatekeepers but will not win the MW belt. I believe he could win the belt at WW.

That's not the definition of a gatekeeper then. A gatekeeper is a guy that sits on the cusp of the top 10, not comfortably in the top 10. Cerrone is great example of a gatekeeper because at times he has been in the top 10 but keeps dropping out of it.

To be fair to TS he is asking for "current" gatekeepers. So it's possible for a former champion or title challenger to be considered a gatekeeper at this point of their life. (RDA Gus etc)

It may be a completely different list if asking for fighters whose career could be defined as gatekeeper status (Jeremy Stephens)

Cowboy Cerrone
Edson Barboza
Mark Hunt
Alexander Gustafsson
Nate Diaz

These are the best and most renown amongst the ones that have only ever been good enough to challenge for the title but never good enough to win it.

Back