Who are the only current wmma fighters that TRULY deserve to be on a ppv card due to merit?

What is this merit thing, this is the fight game, it's about marketability. Maybe every gal with over half a million IG followers should be on the main card, but the UFC run a pretty successful business so they can do without my advice.

Mackenzie has turned that corner and Maycee Barber will remind everyone why shes must watch t.v ( watch - not so much in merit.... YET).

Nunes and Valentina are rhetorical, of course

None. They had to have special treatment just to participate.

Unless Invicta has PPV, which doesn't matter because no one watches it.

Last edited:
Who are the only current mma fighters that TRULY deserve to be on a ppv card due to merit?

i liked the miesha fight, the clash of styles brought a sense of urgency that we dont see in holly fights,where she either wins with her safety first,one dimensional style,or she gets outpointed anyway with her safety first,one dimensional style. Here she had to worry about that td

She is just too damn predictable out there,and without no real grappling to her game,when shes at a disadvantage she just is stuck doing the same limited offense out there
Yea she is too predictable like that. Holly needs to adopt a go for broke plan b style but I doubt it will ever happen seeing Jones and all of Jackson wink whatever alberquerque fighters at the top are usually tentative point fighters.

Yea she is too predictable like that. Holly needs to adopt a go for broke plan b style but I doubt it will ever happen seeing Jones and all of Jackson wink whatever alberquerque fighters at the top are usually tentative point fighters.
shes way too old to change her style

Main event a ppv card? Only champs should main event ppv cards regardless of gender and every wmma champ is perfectly fine to headline.

Just main card in general? Any fight with 2 top 7's or so, or any fight with a top 5.

i liked the miesha fight, the clash of styles brought a sense of urgency that we dont see in holly fights,where she either wins with her safety first,one dimensional style,or she gets outpointed anyway with her safety first,one dimensional style. Here she had to worry about that td

She is just too damn predictable out there,and without no real grappling to her game,when shes at a disadvantage she just is stuck doing the same limited offense out there
That's true, I'm probably being a little too harsh on the Miesha fight, I remember enjoying it on the night. It's just sad that's really the only performance we could point to (aside from the epic Ronda HK).

Agree with everything you're saying, except she had a grappling, striking, and athletic advantage in her last fight and she still showed no killer instinct.

The Ronda head kick loyalty is still there for me.
I was for a min, but after her last performance she ish'd her last ish for me man.

Reactions: HHJ
Always tune in if Rox and Dern are on the card.

None. They had to have special treatment just to participate.

Unless Invicta has PPV, which doesn't matter because no one watches it.

I find it funny that the same people that are happy to accept weight classes, which are handicap divisions and "special treatment" to participate, somehow get all riled up about women divisions which are also handicap divisions.

Handicap divisions especially in combat sports are not unusual and are widely accepted.
We also see handicap divisions in other sports and again they are accepted without question.

Why is it that the physiological handicap of women somehow has ppl complaining. The same argument gets made...."Oh they would get wrecked by the other athetes in other divisions" Yea no shit
Guess what...so would your favourtle lower weight class male fighers.

Khabib would not even be a to 20 fighter in the world....yet we all pay to watch him fight.
We all hang of his testicles and OOO and AAHH when he wrecks another handicapped fighter in a lower weight class. And we all do it without batting an eyelid to the fact that he a handicapped fighter.

It's called hypocrisy.

Why is it more upsetting for you to have women on a PPV card than seeing someone on there like Greg Hardy, or Gian Villante? Those guys suck.

God, idiots like this dude never get it.

Let me simplify it for you doofus:. Would you rather fight a 260 pound man with poor technical ability or a 140 pound woman with poor technical ability?

Starting to make sense yet?

I find it funny that the same people that are happy to accept weight classes, which are handicap divisions and "special treatment" to participate, somehow get all riled up about women divisions which are also handicap divisions.

Handicap divisions especially in combat sports are not unusual and are widely accepted.
We also see handicap divisions in other sports and again they are accepted without question.

Why is it that the physiological handicap of women somehow has ppl complaining. The same argument gets made...."Oh they would get wrecked by the other athetes in other divisions" Yea no shit
Guess what...so would your favourtle lower weight class male fighers.

Khabib would not even be a to 20 fighter in the world....yet we all pay to watch him fight.
We all hang of his testicles and OOO and AAHH when he wrecks another handicapped fighter in a lower weight class. And we all do it without batting an eyelid to the fact that he a handicapped fighter.

It's called hypocrisy.

That was a lot of words to say I support subpar crap.

For real though, I don't mind women on prelims. It's the same time I'm in the gym and can get a bunch of sets done without ever looking up. Because they suck.

That was a lot of words to say I support subpar crap.

For real though, I don't mind women on prelims. It's the same time I'm in the gym and can get a bunch of sets done without ever looking up. Because they suck.

you only watch the hw I guess... that’s your prerogative.

I don't get why they don't do a wMMA only card. The UFC is pushing all this wMMA shit fights onto all the cards and they have to have 1 wmma fight on the main card,no matter how shitty it is and how well deserving the men (always more skilled) should be on the main. Affirmative action in motion folks.

But yeah, put on wMMA only PPVs or fight nights. You can do it 1 time a month, and we can see how many people really give a fuck about wmma. I'm assuming it would be proportionally the same as those who give a fuck about the wNBA as the NBA. However, the big dumb red fucking goof Dana, knows that this would be a terrible idea and would never do it. Just quit watering down the cards with shit wmma fights, or at least put them all at the beginning of the cards or at the very end, but in one successive chunk, so we can stop watching or tune in afterwards.

The lioness, bullet, thug Rose, Joanna, Zhang and Holly. Only ones that are elite and nameworthy

you only watch the hw I guess... that’s your prerogative.
nah, mostly male fist fights. Ride the fast forward button most of the way through, entirely across the women and as soon as one realizes he can't win the fist fight and goes for takedown. Only in this for free violence.

God, idiots like this dude never get it.

Let me simplify it for you doofus:. Would you rather fight a 260 pound man with poor technical ability or a 140 pound woman with poor technical ability?

Starting to make sense yet?
Inventing a hypothetical scenario which is inane and irrelevant to what I said doesn't really simplify anything, does it?

Back