Who are the current top 10 best strikers in MMA?

By best are we going by technical ability or KO power?
Definitely technical ability.

Adesanya doesn't have a ton of KO power, but I have him ranked pretty high on any list of great strikers in the sport.

Where's the love for T-Ferg?
I think it depends a lot on the criteria, Ferguson gets hit quite a bit at times, so i personally think he depends too much on his durability when it comes to his striking, at least from a technical standpoint.
He's definitely a nightmare to go up against the feet though.

I think it depends a lot on the criteria, Ferguson gets hit quite a bit at times, so i personally think he depends too much on his durability when it comes to his striking, at least from a technical standpoint.
He's definitely a nightmare to go up against the feet though.
I think it's due to being reckless and having disdain for his opponents. His jab is arguably second to none and his pace has drowned a prime RDA.
He also outstruck Barboza before sinking in the choke.

The only fights I can think of him getting caught are Vannata and Pettis which a certainly 2 guys not on his level and he tried to fight like it.

I think it's due to being reckless and having disdain for his opponents. His jab is arguably second to none and his pace has drowned a prime RDA.
He also outstruck Barboza before sinking in the choke.

The only fights I can think of him getting caught are Vannata and Pettis which a certainly 2 guys not on his level and he tried to fight like it.
Yeah, probably true.
I remember you saying something along the lines that he's pretty good with his distance management as well before, so i might have to watch more tape of him.
I throughly enjoy him as a fighter, but then again: who doesn't, haha?!

Who do you have winning between Khabib and Tony btw.?

Who do you have winning between Khabib and Tony btw.?
Honestly jumping back and forth on this fight. I think Tony stuffs take downs in the open with more success than most people expect but I also think if his back touches the cage he's going down every time.
The biggest question for me is how Khabib closes off range because he usually just shells up and eats shots walking forward but you can't do that against Ferguson.
If I had to bet I'd go Khabib but I probably wouldn't risk it considering how insane this match up is

It tends to be the lighter fighters who have the better technique.
DJ, Cejudo, Dejdamrong..

-Moraes
-Holloway
-Volkanovski
-KZ
-Conor
-Gaethje
-Masvidal
-Adesanya
-Shevchenko
-GDR
-Nunes

It tends to be the lighter fighters who have the better technique.
DJ, Cejudo, Dejdamrong..
Good call on Dejdamrong.

I hope to see more genuine Thaiboxers fight in MMA.

Cute how many are listing Max in the Top 10 but not The Volkano

Alex is a Top 5 MMA striker easily

By best are we going by technical ability or KO power?

You go by who is the best, which means the most effective, most dominant.

People who don't list Ngannou, for example, on top of their list are retards. The most dominant striker is the best striker.

My humble top 10 in pure MMA striking :

Number 1 - Valentina
number 2 - Izzy
number 3 - Ngannou ( Ko power is striking )
number 4 - Thompson
number 5 - Conor
number 6 - Poirier
number 7 - Yan
number 8 - Zhang
number 9 - Holloway
number 10 - Barboza ( outstroke both of the guys in the last main even btw ... )

I hope you are trolling

Lol at all the white knights ranking women in your top 10. Do any of you really believe someone like Valentina could outstrike someone like Morales, or Aldo? Even if you take power out of the equation, even if you make it a point karate contest?

Fucken dense some of you.

In no order

Valentina
Connor
Wonderboy
Volk
MVP
Stylebender
Yan
Max
The diamond
Masvidal

My humble top 10 in pure MMA striking :

Number 1 - Valentina
number 2 - Izzy
number 3 - Ngannou ( Ko power is striking )
number 4 - Thompson
number 5 - Conor
number 6 - Poirier
number 7 - Yan
number 8 - Zhang
number 9 - Holloway
number 10 - Barboza ( outstroke both of the guys in the last main even btw ... )
Valentina is really overrated there. So is Zhang.

1-Izzy
2-Conor
3-Max
4-Figuerado.
5-Whittaker
6-Dustin
7-Yan/Moraes
8-Horiguci
9-Zombie/Jorge
10-Ferguson/Aldo/Volkanovski
Volk is weird to rank. He has amazing gameplans but I do think Max's striking is better on average if that makes any sense.

Back