Who are the current top 10 best strikers in MMA?

KawhiDoh

I Am The Wind That Shapes The Land
@purple
Reaction score
Adesanya is one. But who else, in your opinion, are the very best at teh punchy-kicky?

My humble top 10 in pure MMA striking :

Number 1 - Valentina
number 2 - Izzy
number 3 - Ngannou ( Ko power is striking )
number 4 - Thompson
number 5 - Conor
number 6 - Poirier
number 7 - Yan
number 8 - Zhang
number 9 - Holloway
number 10 - Barboza ( outstroke both of the guys in the last main even btw ... )

Last edited:
Mens's MMA

1. Adesanya
  2. Yan
  3. Wonderboy
  4. Reyes
  5. McGregor
  6. Miocic
  7. Whittaker
  8. Gastelum
  9. Jones (listing him so low as i think a huge part of what makes is striking so effective is his wrestling-threat)
  10. Overeem (yeah, he's shot, but from a technical standpoint he's still super capable)
Women's MMA
  1. Valentina Shevchenko
  2. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
  3. Germaine De Randamie
  4. Amanda Nunes
  5. Rose Namajunas
  6. Weili Zhang/Jessica Andrade

EDIT: put Overeem last now, before i had him at #7 or so.

Last edited:
Number 1 - Valentina
number 2 - Izzy
number 3 - Ngannou ( Ko power is striking )
number 4 - Thomson
number 5 - Conor
number 6 - Poirier
number 7 - Yan
number 8 - Zhang
number 9 - Reyes ?
number 10 -
Both Jedrzejczyk and Shevchenko* have proven to be significantly better strikers than Zhang, at the very least technically. Doesn't mean that she'll never get there though.

*EDIT: oops, you've mentioned Valentina @Beherit

Germaine de Randamie should definitely be in the top 10. She's a beast.

"In MMA" is too confusing for me. I am gonna try two per WC.

HW: Ngannou, Rozenstrujk
LHW: Reyes, Santos
MW: Adesanya, Romero
WW: Wonderboy, Lima (or Masvidal)
LW: Conor, Barboza
FW: Max, Zabit
BW: Aldo, Moraes
FlW: Cejudo, Figuereido

wFW: Nunes, Cyborg
wBW: De Randamie, Nunes
wFlW: Schevchenko, then Idk (Chhokagian maybe)
wSW: Rose, Joanna

I was looking mostly at striking "effectiveness", not only credentials or technique.

Both Jedrzejczyk and Shevchenko* have proven to be significantly better strikers than Zhang, at the very least technically. Doesn't mean that she'll never get there though.

*EDIT: oops, you've mentioned Valentina @Beherit
Valentina is my number one regardless of the sex, I guess we will find out for JJ vs Zhang, but I am almost sure that that the brutality of Zhang's sanda style will get JJ shocked.

In MMA is too confusing. I am gonna try two per WC.

HW: Ngannou, Rozenstrujk
LHW: Reyes, Santos
MW: Adesanya, Romero
WW: Wonderboy, Lima (or Masvidal)
LW: Conor, Barboza
FW: Max, Zabit
BW: Aldo, Moraes
FlW: Cejudo, Figuereido

wFW: Nunes, Cyborg
wBW: De Randamie, Nunes
wFlW: Schevchenko, then Idk (Chhokagian maybe)
wSW: Rose, Joanna

I was looking mostly at striking "effectiveness", not only credentials or technique.
i would put volk before Zabit ...

Valentina is my number one regardless of the sex, I guess we will find out for JJ vs Zhang, but I am almost sure that that the brutality of Zhang's sanda style will get JJ shocked.
Noticed you've mentioned her at #1 after complaining like the blind f*ck i am, haha.

I think JJ gets it done, but yes, we'll see. For sure looking forward to that fight!

There is only one legit striker in mma! Everyone else is untested.
5MOdxiu.jpg

Last edited:
Mens's MMA

• Adesanya
    • Yan
    • Wonderboy
    • Reyes
    • McGregor
    • Miocic
    • Overeem
    • Whittaker
    • Gastelum
    • Jones (listing him last, as i think a huge part of what makes is striking so effective is his wrestling-threat)
Women's MMA
  1. Valentina Shevchenko
  2. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
  3. Germaine De Randamie
  4. Amanda Nunes
  5. Rose Namajunas
  6. Weili Zhang/Jessica Andrade
you think miocic would beat francis in a pure striking fight ? seriously ...
<mma3>
and current overeem in front of francis ?
PyNyUW.gif

bro wtf ?

you think miocic would beat francis in a pure striking fight ? seriously ...
<mma3>
Might have to see their fight again, but in my eyes Miocic was superior in both the striking and the wrestling.
I don't know if you're among these people, but i think many give Miocic too much sh*t for his performances against Cormier, striking-wise.

A large part of this was because of Cormier being a big wrestling-threat and due to his very unorthodox style of striking. In terms of fundamentals, Miocic, is really really sound, especially when it comes to boxing.

Might have to see their fight again, but in my eyes Miocic was superior in both the striking and the wrestling.
I don't know if you're among these people, but i think many give Miocic too much sh*t for his performances against Cormier, striking-wise.

A large part of this was because of Cormier being a big wrestling-threat and due to his very unorthodox style of striking. In terms of fundamentals, Miocic, is really really sound, especially when it comes to boxing.
- it was like the habib vs conor fight, miocic wrestling created opening to strike with ngannou. But even then, miocic's face was more damaged than ngannou after the fight. There are no MMA fighters on the planet who can strike with Ngannou today. U need to find some guys from kickboxing to beat Francis on the feet.

- I repeat overeem in front of francis ? bro c'mon ...

i would put volk before Zabit ...

I don't know man, I can see your point if we only look at effectiveness (which admittedly I said I wanted to lol) but the differences in technique is too large, especially when it comes to the kicking game.

and current overeem in front of francis ?
PyNyUW.gif

bro wtf ?
Fair enough. Overeem looks inconsistent at times, i mean, he looked sloppy against Ngannou here, but displayed way better striking against Rozenstruik who's more technical than Ngannou.

Generally i put a lot emphasis on technique when it comes to striking, so yeah, i still rate Overeem highly.

But i fully understand your argument and can see why most people would put Francis and/or Rozenstruik above him.

Valentina is my #1 for wmma and teh sex.

1) khabib
2) dc
3) askren
4) jones
5) Ronda
6)Yoel
7)gsp
8)Silva
9)Izzy
10) Conor

Back