Who are the champs that never committed fouls in order to win...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by true_fan, Jan 14, 2020.

1. gono btw

gono btw Rounds...

nah. It was definitely not a 'reflex', was 100% intentional, [way] b4 startin´to fall.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    TheSpider likes this.
  2. grimballer

grimballer Gold Belt

How do you know they were willingly taking drugs?

3. campbecc

campbecc Silver Belt

often they aren't and they get cleared

4. grimballer

grimballer Gold Belt

majority claim they had no idea what they took n how it got into their system

same with gsp

he had no idea his cornerman was rubbing grease all over his body n what was the purpose for it

wink, wink

TheSpider and gono btw like this.
  5. grimballer

grimballer Gold Belt

N the other that don’t get cleared took illegal stuff not knowing it was illegal.

it was just an honest mistake...

6. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

everyone has committed a foul of some sort.

Big Tuppy Hole likes this.
  7. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

IDK, where GSP is concerned I tend to focus on what I know rather than what I think. I know that was a foul.

Since you asked what I think, here's my take. I think there is a lot of smoke for there to not be any fire. A few of GSP's opponents talked about how greasy he felt. BJ claimed he got a heads up in advance and talked to comission officials about it before the fight. It would be a pretty damned big coincidence if that was an accidental one off. I also think he beats BJ either way, but fouls aren't fouls because they do or dont pay dividens, they are fouls because the rules were broken. This whole "it didn't change anything" conversation is nonsense. I think Jones beats DC 100 out of 100 fights, but he still got popped for PEDS in the 2nd fight.

8. gono btw

gono btw Rounds...

At the end of the day, they all had to cheat, somehow...

Even SAKU G. “put books in his pants to be able to weigh in for the UFC fight over there in Japan.” [Don Frye]

lolol.png

9. campbecc

campbecc Silver Belt

no you are comparing two totally different situations, but yes in some cases like the fighters who have taken a drug prescribed by their doctor it is an honest mistake taking steroids is not.

It's normal for a cornerman to rub a fighters shoulders before a fight and in between rounds, do you think fighters are out there looking for rule infractions from their corner during a fight?

10. Paulsp

Paulsp Yellow Card Yellow Card

Cormier

oh wait

11. TheJohnnyWalkerEra

TheJohnnyWalkerEra Brown Belt

Fedor, Khabib, BJ, Cain , Mighty Manlet, Rich Franklin , etc

There were quite a few

Karelinator likes this.
  12. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

So if a trainer injects them with steroids is it not a foul because they didn't touch the plunger on the needle? He sat there while they greased him.

And it's HIS corner acting in an official capacity on his behalf. It's not like an action they took outside of the octagon in his hotel room hours earlier. He hired them, he brought them, they were working FOR him on his dime. He sat there and let them slather that shit on. If the buck doesn't stop with him why bother having rules against greasing at all.

gono btw likes this.
  13. true_fan

true_fan Red Belt

It’s funny because you reminded me of one guy who was married and rumored to be bisexual. He once told me that some guy sucked his for crack money back in the days and he felt superior! My friends and I we looked at one another and knew then that the rumors were true!

14. kingskot

kingskot Brown Belt

If the trainer injected him with something in between rounds without consulting with him first, then yes, that's the trainer's fault, not GSP's. You could say GSP had bad judgement for hiring someone who would do something so foolish, but you couldn't say based on that evidence alone that GSP actively cheated. Maybe you have never competed, but I can guarantee you that the last thing on GSP's mind right at that moment was how much grease was on his cornerman's hands. An important part of a cornerman's job is making sure that the fighter doesn't have to worry about shit like that.

In this case the cornerman did a bad job, but it's not proof of some elaborate plan that GSP was involved with. If it were some scheme wouldn't they come up with a better plan than to apply it in plain view, in front of the cameras and everything? A pre-greased towel, perhaps? It wouldn't be difficult. I think this the case of the cornerman doing something a bit dumb, and the whole thing getting blown out of proportion because people need to find a reason to dislike GSP (and fighters want to find an excuse for getting beaten by him).

I agree that fighters need to be held accountable for a great number of things, but they shouldn't be held accountable for a spur of the moment bad decision by a member of the team. If the cornerman had jumped into the ring and punched BJ it would be the cornerman who would get fined or, more likely, banned for it, not GSP.

15. Dirge

Dirge Silver Belt

That is kind of a ridiculous attitude when there are fighters that consistently foul others and plenty of fighters that never commit a single foul their entire UFC tenure.

GBJohn likes this.
  16. Iron Skin

Iron Skin Brown Belt

Cejudo, Max Holloway, Khabib, Whittaker, Stiopic

17. MakeSherdogGreatAgain

MakeSherdogGreatAgain Purple Belt

How is that ridiculous? What if somebody poked Jones in his eyes? Maybe he'd figure out that it's dirty and it sucks. Not only that, they're both fighting with one eye and it levels the playing field. Maybe he could use a taste of his own medicine.

If I were fighting someone that were notoriously dirty with something like that, I'd punch him right in his eyeball and teach him a lesson. The ref never does shit. I'd take matters into my own hands.

18. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

I'll bite. If it was spur of the moment, how did BJ know in advance that the cornerman was going to do it? Do you think it's more of a psychic thing or like he can see the future? Because I think if he could see the future the fight might have turned out different.

Seriously though, that would be the luckiest wild guess in history. GSP got caught because eventually everyone had caught on to this trick and BJ got a heads up then he asked the comission to look for it, and sure enough he was caught dead to rights in the cage. What are the odds that BJ knew about it and GSP didn't?

TheSpider and gono btw like this.
  19. true_fan

true_fan Red Belt

<{anton}>

20. gono btw

gono btw Rounds...

BJ no.gif

Spider.png

khabib ary 1.gif khabib ary 2.gif

Check the difference [yellow card] between Canadian & Russian Refs, tho...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Iron Skin likes this.