Who are the champs that never committed fouls in order to win...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
And who are the ones that did cheat in order to win, and do u care or not?

The answer to both your questions is Jon Jones..

Max never committed a foul on purpose.

Khabib outside of jumping the fence hasn't committed a foul to win.

Bobby knuckles in my memory didn't kick nuts on purpose.

And rich Franklin the cleanest and most upstanding fighter ever was the same as above

The true GOATs.

14670609_1211349612240640_8759569077307983267_n.jpg

antonio_rodrigo_noguiera3.jpg

bj_penn_ufc123_2.jpg

It's a fight, not a tickling competition. I expect some foul play. It only frustrates me that there is so little retaliation when it comes to that sort of thing. If you know someone does something intentionally...Jones, for example...I have no problem with him getting eye poked back, even if it was clearly on purpose.

The ref is there to keep it fair. When the ref doesn't do his/her job, I see no problem with retaliation. If the ref is gonna pretend like they haven't seen him poke someone in the eye 100 times throughout his career, they should pretend to not see someone poke him back.

In conclusion, I really don't care. It's up to the fighter getting fouled to let the other fighter know, "I can go there too".

It's a fight, not a tickling competition. I expect some foul play. It only frustrates me that there is so little retaliation when it comes to that sort of thing. If you know someone does something intentionally...Jones, for example...I have no problem with him getting eye poked back, even if it was clearly on purpose.

The ref is there to keep it fair. When the ref doesn't do his/her job, I see no problem with retaliation. If the ref is gonna pretend like they haven't seen him poke someone in the eye 100 times throughout his career, they should pretend to not see someone poke him back.

In conclusion, I really don't care. It's up to the fighter getting fouled to let the other fighter know, "I can go there too".
It’s a dangerous game. If someone inadvertently taps you in the nuts and you wind up and smoke them, and it’s blatantly intentional, you may find yourself getting a point taken. It creates a fine line that fighters shouldn’t have to worry about walking when they are in the middle of a fight. The refs should be enforcing the rules in a way that allows a fighter to focus on winning and not cheap shots.

It’s a dangerous game. If someone inadvertently taps you in the nuts and you wind up and smoke them, and it’s blatantly intentional, you may find yourself getting a point taken. It creates a fine line that fighters shouldn’t have to worry about walking when they are in the middle of a fight. The refs should be enforcing the rules in a way that allows a fighter to focus on winning and not cheap shots.
Imho I have always felt points should be taken for every infraction. Count them up at the end of the round and divvy them out between rounds.

Want the shit to stop? Make it a real issue.

Imho I have always felt points should be taken for every infraction. Count them up at the end of the round and divvy them out between rounds.

Want the shit to stop? Make it a real issue.
Yeah, I just hate how much it changes a fight. It’s almost like I’d rather us strictly enforce deductions but have a half point be an option. That way if it’s minor you’re not totally fucked but you know exactly where you stand

Jones And DC both built their careers on being dirty.

They made the right choice.

Yeah, I just hate how much it changes a fight. It’s almost like I’d rather us strictly enforce deductions but have a half point be an option. That way if it’s minor you’re not totally fucked but you know exactly where you stand
That's fair. If they did it between rounds and used replay to determine what is what that would work very well.

That's fair. If they did it between rounds and used replay to determine what is what that would work very well.
Right, and that way when we have situations like the Rothwell vs Struve infamous nut shot fight, Rothwell can’t cry when he gets docked the full point because you know exactly where your at. (In that fight no points were taken, or were taken way too late)

GSP. Even if you believe the "greasing" bullshit anyone with eyes knows that it wouldn't have made one damn bit of difference.

Mighty mouse. Wasn't he the guy who created lifting a "downed" opponent to throw the knee to the head legally?
DJ was super creative but understood and stayed within the rules always.

Back