Who are the best well rounded ATHLETES in the UFC today?

Chael_Sonnen

I'm the reason Waldo is hiding.
@Black
Reaction score
Not talking about skillset, just athleticism.
Something people forget when talking about athleticism is that it doesn't just include explosiveness. It includes cardio, flexibility, speed, explosiveness, and probably others that I am forgetting (It doesn't include chin). Also not talking mental faculties, because that includes things like timing, heart, fight IQ, etc.

Who are the best athletes right now?
My couple of picks are:

Robert Whittaker, Volkanovski, Khabib, Reyes, Overeem, Garbrant, Usman, Costa (questionable cardio), Wonderboy, Luque?,Zhang, Joanna, Shev, Nunes, Cejudo.

That is my basic list.
I think the most well rounded is Whittaker, with his cardio being endless, his speed is top notch, he is very explosive, and his flexibility is good as well, he can throw headkicks without a problem. Other notables include Volk, Overeem (who at the end of his career still has great cardio, flexibility, speed and explosiveness), Zhang (who i'm suspicous of in terms of PEDS, but is ridiculously impressive), Garbrant (who is stupidly fast, and his athleticism it top notch, but gets let down by his chin and mental abilities). Cejudo, who is just a freak of nature.

I didn't include normal picks like Romero, because his cardio isn't really there.

Any others that I am missing?

Last edited:
Romero was, but I don't think so anymore. I mean, 50% Romero is more athletic than a lot of guys, but he isn't the best athlete anymore.

Black Beast. Usman and Colby are both fantastic athletes imo. Cejudo.

DC and Big Country are definitely well rounded

screenshot_2020-08-09-19-56-39-1-png.789834

main-qimg-b15298dd0f67bbba424328c9afdcf59b

Roy-Nelson.jpg

Dj when he was around.
TJ when he was on peds
RDA, especially at lightweight,
DC, stipe, hermansson, Gastelum, leon edwards, gaethje 2.0,arman (at least for now), Emmett, valentina

Geoff Neal , I see him being champ

Back