Who are the 3 best mma wrestlers in history according to you ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
I agree. His MMA wrestling isn't particularly great or compelling. His control on the ground has consistently been sloppy to non-existent. This likely stems from his freestyle background.

Old freestyle rules....

1. Khabib
2. GSP
3. Anderson Silva

Honorable mentions: Might Mouse, Cormier, & Royce

DC said Romero is the best

then again, Anderson said BJ is the best

I love me some BJ too

Askren was a great MMA wrestler. However, in the big leagues he got choked out by superior grappler and KOed by a fighter who exploited his predictable wrestling.
fair point, but it was very late in his career after he already retired once and it's not like he was exposed by complete bums, even Maia i think was in top 10 when they fought.

1: GSP
2: Jones
3: Khabib
HM: Cormier

Jones wrestling was an obstacle for every fighter he ever faced. No one able to take him down no one even gameplanned to do that.

1. Royce Alger
2. Alex Cook
3. Kimbo Slice

I can't bring myself to even give him a place on the list but... I'm just trying to think of someone who hasn't been mentioned.

Chael Sonnen was such a pure wrestler that watching his takedowns and overall performances were always entertaining.

If the guy could have hit a little harder with his GNP he would get honorable mention.

Maybe the game has just evolved beyond the blast double leg, but Man they are fun to see when they happen.

Damn no love for Matt Hughes in this thread. He did it all with wrestling. His striking sucked. For a period he was the most dominant and successful wrestler in MMA.

My other two picks are GSP and Khabib.

1)Khabib
2)GSP
3)Matt Hughes

I tought about him. I hesitated for honorable mention but imo Randy takes it over him.

Who do you have for honourable mention ?

Mark Shultz should get an honorable mention here. MMA was primitive when he was fighting but his wrestling accolades are second to none

fair point, but it was very late in his career after he already retired once and it's not like he was exposed by complete bums, even Maia i think was in top 10 when they fought.

Maia's win over Askren was a bloody MASTERPIECE

No matter if Maia was old and Askren was... whatever he was.

Two pure elite performers in separate disciplines, with one totally checkmating the other.

Askren was not elite in freestyle wrestling . Maybe in folkstyle.

Randalman
Coleman
Erikson
DC
Khabib
GSP
Kevin Jackson could have been an all time GOAT if he had ever learned sub defense.

GSP and Khabib #1 and #2.

The third is a tough one as there are a few guys you can throw in there. Hughes, Cormier, Jones, Couture.

GSP and Khabib #1 and #2.

The third is a tough one as there are a few guys you can throw in there. Hughes, Cormier, Jones, Couture.

Yes i agree that Khabib and GSP are #1 & #2, i think nobody in his right mind will debate that.

The third one is really tricky. I go for Cormier because he made it work at HW while outsized. That's the same reasoning i used to give the honourable mention to Randy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back