Who are some premature anointed GOATs that come to mind?

Literally every UFC champion within the last 10 years.

Barao. Dude was a phenomenal fighter, but I think he was a wee bit overrated. He had an amazing run, but I just never saw potential GOAT in him like many seemed to.

Not the GOAT but Gus used to be in the top 5 LHWs ever for a lot of Sherdoggers.

Not the GOAT but Gus used to be in the top 5 LHWs ever for a lot of Sherdoggers.

I mean that first fight against Jones he certainly proved how good he was, of course subsequent stories about Jones barely training for it make you wonder, and of course how the second fight went.

I mean that first fight against Jones he certainly proved how good he was, of course subsequent stories about Jones barely training for it make you wonder, and of course how the second fight went.
He also does not have that many wins especially at the time when Jan was not a big name.

There were some retards here claiming Woodley was the GOAT and would beat GSP.

Then not long after people said Usman.

Also Garbrandt was the hottest new commodity after he whooped Cruz. We all know how that's going.

Obvious one for me was Charles. Good lord leading up to 280, it was “Charles is LW goat”, “Charles has/will surpass Khabib”. Even meathead Rogan said “you can’t look at losses, you have to look at his wins”. Ugh…don’t you have to look at the whole picture…wins and losses?

Olivera had a nice 3 wins vs the squatting triplets. He won all 3 but he could’ve lost them. I think people just got caught up emotionally in the excitement of those fights and anointed him Goat. Seems like that Charles GOAT bandwagon is empty as an ice cream store in Siberia.
If you cut through all that bullshit,charles was/is an excellent and exciting fighter. Those people blowing things out of proportion were doing so because they hated Khabib,and basically dropped Charles when he lost. He was deserving of praise though.

If you cut through all that bullshit,charles was/is an excellent and exciting fighter. Those people blowing things out of proportion were doing so because they hated Khabib,and basically dropped Charles when he lost. He was deserving of praise though.

I didn’t say Charles wasn’t a good fighter. My point is that people are just quick to jump on and off the GOAT train because they are fake fans to begin with. They just want to look smart being the first to claim fighter xyz is the goat. And then disappear when that’s no the case.

I like Max, but it annoyed me how quickly people dismissed Aldos title reign to start talking Max FW Goat, and it is happening again with Volk.

Aldo defended 9 fucking times between WEC (best 145 division on the planet at that time) and UFC.

Rogan started calling Max Holloway the GOAT FW after just 1 title defense.

Aldo had 9 title defenses.

Kamaru Usman and Adesanya were in goat talks last year. This year they are common mortals again. Thankfully, we have new upcoming goats like Khamzat and Poatan. Shavkat soon as well I guess. Volk is on the precipice - either ubergoat or “was never really good” depending on his next fight.

Obvious one for me was Charles. Good lord leading up to 280, it was “Charles is LW goat”, “Charles has/will surpass Khabib”. Even meathead Rogan said “you can’t look at losses, you have to look at his wins”. Ugh…don’t you have to look at the whole picture…wins and losses?

Olivera had a nice 3 wins vs the squatting triplets. He won all 3 but he could’ve lost them. I think people just got caught up emotionally in the excitement of those fights and anointed him Goat. Seems like that Charles GOAT bandwagon is empty as an ice cream store in Siberia.
People were calling Francis the greatest HW ever before he even won a title.

2 more wins for oliveira and he's right back in that conversation lol.

He fights and beats Darriush - he will have beaten all of the other top 5 contenders below the Champion. Ain't the goat, but NO ONE can even NEARLY flex that. Not while they're all still actively ranked as such

Back