Who are some premature anointed GOATs that come to mind?

catclosedoor-cat.gif

I mean, she was goat at one point in time. How can that be denied? Women's division just sucked that much

Obvious one for me was Charles. Good lord leading up to 280, it was “Charles is LW goat”, “Charles has/will surpass Khabib”. Even meathead Rogan said “you can’t look at losses, you have to look at his wins”. Ugh…don’t you have to look at the whole picture…wins and losses?

Olivera had a nice 3 wins vs the squatting triplets. He won all 3 but he could’ve lost them. I think people just got caught up emotionally in the excitement of those fights and anointed him Goat. Seems like that Charles GOAT bandwagon is empty as an ice cream store in Siberia.
Oliveira is definitely a good one. It's funny being a fan of someone for 7 or 9 years and then watching a ton of people jump on and then off the wagon.

Woodley and Brock Lesnar are probably my first go-to's.

Basically if you have the belt you are the GOAT

lol already ppl are saying Hill is going to "clean out" LHW like he is unstoppable, bc he won a fight.

Conor...... he was the GOAT sh1t talker but never defended a belt, didn't give Aldo a rematch and got beat by Dustin (twice) and Nate, not to mention Khabib owning his soul.

This place is pretty bad about it.

Walker was gonna topple Jones, Khamzat hasn't fought for a belt but he's next GOAT, Gane was new HW goat before the Ngannou fight, list goes on and on. Weidman after Silva, but at least he won a strap and beat a great doing it.

Some still have a chance to live up to it, but I wish they'd stop being crowned long before they've got any real case for it.
If people would cool their jets trying to act like unrecognized geniuses calling a new face the next goat and instead support their guy but stay grounded it would be much better. Like with Woodley or Usman. GSP is the greatest WW and possibly the outright greatest. He had 9 defenses. But Woodley having 4 and Usman having 5 only TIE GSP COMBINED. It's laughable. MMA records get dismissed in favor of those who do it after. Normally the first to do something is the most revered.

Last edited:
If people would cool their jets trying to act like unrecognized geniuses calling a new face the next goat and instead support their guy but stay grounded it would be much better. Like with Woodley or Usman. GSP is the greatest WW and possibly the outright greatest. He had 9 defenses. But Woodley having 4 and Usman having 5 only TIE GSP COMBINED. It's laughable. MMA records get dismissed in favor of those who do it after. Normally the first to do something is the most revered.

But then the revisionist historians and noobs come in and question the resume of the legends, like "lol his best wins are a one dimensional wrestler (Matt Hughes) and a LW with a barely winning record (Penn). Covington and Masvidal are way better wins!"

As if whomever is #4 at the moment is gonna go down as some legendary defense just because they are current.

Welcome to MMA, TS. Just about every LW champion after BJ was anointed GOAT. When Frankie robbed BJ the first time, suddenly he was GOAT. Pettis and RDA both recieved unjustified GOAT talk when they had the belt. And of course Conor fans always think he's the GOAT. Meanwhile, here in the real world, all LW GOAT talks begin with BJ and end with Khabib; everything else is just nonsense.

In terms of the UFC hype machine, I'd say the most preposterous was Brock. After he beat Carwin, Dana wouldn't stop telling the world that he was the greatest HW of all time...with a 5-1 MMA record.

I remember Dana calling Phillipe Nover the second coming of Anderson Silva and GSP or something equally ridiculous.

I remember the height of the Ronda hype, just absolutely unbearable. Rogan crying over her and shit. "Once in human history.." Shut up you're embarrassing yourself Joseph, Jesus...

I remember when Duffee was supposed to be this monster but then he gassed beating up Russow and got KOed by a dude with an arm broken from him getting beaten on. The hype deflated like a balloon popping and it was full of flatulence with the accompanying sound(s).
Nover is the answer.

Meanwhile, here in the real world, all LW GOAT talks begin with BJ and end with Khabib; everything else is just nonsense.

This exactly

After (Brock) beat Carwin, Dana wouldn't stop telling the world that he was the greatest HW of all time...with a 5-1 MMA record.

Partly a desperate attempt to get everyone to forget about his failed Fedor signing.

Back